_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Where to get miniature tree in KL ?
Shahrid
Visit this Community
Damansara, Malaysia
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 08:27 PM UTC
Hi guys ......Anyone knows where to get trees for diorama in KL ? Currently I'm building trees myself using wires and cement fillers.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 11:15 AM UTC
hi shahrid... you could try this shop in atria which sells railway models... they might have some small trees that you're looking for... but i cannot remember the shop name? perhaps agrillion can help .. errr
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 08:35 PM UTC
Welcome back Shahrid. I remembered sending you a PM when I first joined Amorama but its been a while. If I remembered correctly you did a 1/72 Tiger and displayed it on Amorama, is that right? Memory very poorlah nowadays.

Okay for your question. Mojimbo is right, the railway shops do sell trees. The one that I know of is here in PJ at Atria Shopping Centre. If you're upto scratchbuilding which is really not that hard I'd suggest you pay a visit to a dried flower shop. Alternatively depending on your scale you can use twigs and spices or tea leaves. Cheaper than buying them. I've written a 2 part article in the Feature section (under Jungle in the Diorama section) of Amorama on making jungles. Perhaps you may find something there you can use.

If you need any help just drop us a post.
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 06:44 AM UTC
Hello CK,

I had used tea leaves before. I would stick them to this 'Moss' that is draped over suitably sized twigs/roots. But the problem is that Lipas (eeewww) like to eat them, leaving patches on my trees.
I guess you could
1) Put the diorama in a case
2) Keep your room clean
3) Spray Ridsect on the tree.

sllim
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 06:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello CK,

I had used tea leaves before. I would stick them to this 'Moss' that is draped over suitably sized twigs/roots. But the problem is that Lipas (eeewww) like to eat them, leaving patches on my trees.
I guess you could
1) Put the diorama in a case
2) Keep your room clean
3) Spray Ridsect on the tree.

sllim

funny one la Lim....
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 01:02 PM UTC
Lim all I can say about cockroaches is KILL them all. Hate them. Foul, disgusting creatures that will probably inhabit the earth after we all die from an atomic war. Sorry Boss I just have it in for lipas.

Funny though never heard of them eating tea leaves. What is more likely they were after the glue or otherwise the trees were so real that it fool the lipas into thinking they were vegetables. All in all its good work Lim.
Shahrid
Visit this Community
Damansara, Malaysia
entire network: 116 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 04:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If I remembered correctly you did a 1/72 Tiger and displayed it on Amorama, is that right?

Yup , your memory is still fine beachbum
Thanks for all the info. I will find out about the Atria's shop.
Is it same company with Hobbybounty that sells Scalextric cars and train sets which was last time at Mid Valley mega mall?
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 05:19 AM UTC
Hobby Bounty in Atria is still around (on the 3rd floor near the old Parkson side) but you would need some luck as it maybe close when you are there. If you need more trees, there is Trains-and-Toys in USJ Subang Business Centre. I will try to get the address when I am there this SAT morning. A little bit hard to find and they don't sell cheap.
 _GOTOTOP