Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Just a thought
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 06:14 PM UTC

Hi all

We live in a strange world i can remember when Princes Diana was killed in that car accident i was was working in London when the laying of flowers started and the over whelming sense of grief that people felt the amount of flowers was quite amazing.
Although as a Brit i found the whole thing quite tragic i also found it quite bizzarre having been a Police Officer i had been to many RTAs fatalitys for me in many ways forgeting her Royal connections she was amember of the public.
At the peek of the flower laying at Kennsington Palace i was up near the Indian High Commission Mother Theresa had died around the same time on the steps of the were three small bunches of flowers.
John Lenons death was pretty close to the aniversary of Pearl Harbour and there was an incredible out pouring of emotion in Strawberry fields NY and around the world.
At the 60th Aniversery of D-DAY a young reporter said to my dad it was a long time ago should we not move on ..to which my father replied ,
'for me it was yesterday"
I dont in any way deminish the pleasure that individuals bring to our lives in what they do as a Personal Choice music etc, however i hope to god that we dont fall into the Mother Theresa syndrome for the people who gave that ulimate sacrafice and there ability for choice, not that long ago and no doubt last week.
Iam sure there were many John Lenons and Diana Spencers amoung those who gave up so much.
Chris