Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP!!!
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 05:13 PM UTC
Dumb question...Have you tried to hold the shift key down again?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 05:17 PM UTC
To turn on StickyKeys
StickyKeys is designed for people who have difficulty holding down two or more keys simultaneously. When a shortcut requires a key combination, such as CTRL+P, StickyKeys will enable you to press a modifier key (CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT), or the Windows logo key (), and have it remain active until another key is pressed.

Open Accessibility Options.
On the Keyboard tab, under StickyKeys, select the Use StickyKeys check box.
To turn off StickyKeys, clear the Use StickyKeys check box.

Notes

To open Accessibility Options, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options.
If the Use shortcut check box in the Settings for StickyKeys dialog box is selected, you can turn StickyKeys on or off by pressing the SHIFT key five times.

From XP help on my computer. Hope it does...

Shaun
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 06:03 PM UTC
John - you were right- dumb question but worth asking when I'm involved... Brought up the options screen, but it was all baffling bollocks...
Shaun- seems you have elaborated and explained clearly what the terms are (Which I could only guess at otherwise)
It was freaking me out. I tried restarting the 'pewter but when I tried to click a desktop item they all were highlighted automatically and opened everything at once... Couldn't get back online.
Went back to my Sherman but dropped the #11 on the floor between my bare feet, slicing my big toe, so back to the 'pewter and shut the whole thing orf then back on... RESULT!!!
Don't know if it was the whole holding shift for 8 seconds that did it, or coincidence or what...
Anyways, thanks again
Brad