Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Gonna try collecting: Flight helmets
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 12:12 AM UTC
After painting and working with small scale items I've decided to take a look at getting into the world of colling 1:1 things. I thought flight helmets from WWII to present may make a n interesting collection.

I know there are a few members out there that do this. Any tips of suggestions? I've already secured one helmet and the associated gear (will post photos once it's set up), but I'm just curious about your general impression on of this hobby.

I'd like to get a USAF MB-4 set up as the centerpiece of my collection and have priced a few out and it looks doable. Soviet/rRussian gear laso looks interesting.

Since modeling will continue to be the focus of my hobby $$, I may look at a few of the mid- to lower-end products available. If there's anyone with items for trade (for models) or for reasonable prices, please drop me a PM and I may consider it. I'm trying to do this somewhat slowly, unlike other hobbies I have tried. LOL

Thanks for the help.

Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 01:05 AM UTC
Hi Nathan,

I got into collecting after building. As a teenager I met another kid at a local IPMS meeting who had collected some things and it's been an addiction ever since. Welcome to the madness called collecting.

Cody