_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Colorado (Colorado Springs & close) Modellers
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 12:36 PM UTC
Hey all!

Looking for modeller's in Colorado (prefer the 'Springs 'cause that's where I'm at). I know the 'Spring's Hobbytown has a group....but would like to hear from more of you...collaboration, entertainment, learning...... Anyhow.....

Here's the post.

Mike

(side note: If you like to BBQ and "yack," rain, shine, sleet, snow....early, late...drop a line! Got an outdoor FP for those functions!!)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 02:48 PM UTC
Mike there are at least two of us from the 'Springs here, Matt, Red4, and myself. I know of a few from other parts in Colorado, like Gordon, Treadhead, up in Denver. Matt turned me onto the IPMS chapters in town. There is Legacy, http://64.119.173.247/~modelono/Legacy.html and Centennial, http://www.centennialipms.org/ I make it to most every Legacy meeting, but I can never remember the Centennial ones. Matt can tell you more about the Centennial group. They're having a pot luck around Dec 21, along with a guest speaker who was a WWII fighter pilot. I'm going to make THAT one.

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 07:16 AM UTC
Ft. Carson is like my second home. If there were a weekend get-together I'd be up for it. I'll be back up for a week or so on 27 Dec, although I'll be laid up in the hospital for a day. I like both of the Hobby Towns up there, but the one on Woodman seemd to have more armor knowledge among its staff.
Switzersland
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 196 Posts
KitMaker Network: 105 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 05:20 AM UTC
NO Commo! No Tac Fire heh...oh and the land lines been cut.

31victor

XVIII AIRBORNE CORPS ARTY
90-92
HHB 1/39TH FAR ABN
M-198 towed or dropped

Hail hail Artillery, King of Battle follow me!

DRAGONFIRE BABY!!!!

I just received my first $5 coupon from HobbyTown. I'm building masterpieces after a 20 year layoff and I'm RE-hooked.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:35 AM UTC

No TacFire? Where's a wire-dog when ya need one!?

Mike
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 11:25 AM UTC
There is a big IPMS chapter in the Springs.
COMiniatures
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 132 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 07:16 AM UTC
i'm in the Tri-Lakes area. i've been thinking about starting up an informal local monthly meeting for area armor and figure modellers starting this summer, just didn't know how much interest there is...
countdemoney
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 02:12 PM UTC
I'm in Colorado Springs .........live off Research & Somerset
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 10:56 AM UTC
Boy this is an old thread... Ok heres the scoop on the IPMS chapters and others in the Springs. Centennial IPMS (I'm the VP) meets every 4th Weds at the Falcon Hills Police substation off of Kelly Johnson Blvd. Its right behind the Chic-Filet on north academy right before you hit I-25. Meeting time is 6:30pm until 10pm, but we rarely ever are there that late. Dues for Centennial are $20 a year. www.centennialipms.orgIPMS Legacy http://64.119.173.247/~modelono/Legacy.htmldoes not have a planned meeting date or place. However, members are notified prior to the meetings of when and where. Meeting times are usually 9am-sih to whenever we decide to break. Its a very laid back club with soe excellent modelers in the ranks. We usually meet at another members house and rotate thru the year. The meeting this month will be on the 19th at my place for our 4th annual kit auction/bbq/get together. To join Legacy you must be a national IPMS member. Dues for Legacy are a whopping $10 a year. Any and all comers are welcome to attend the auction. Just bring a chair as we ran out last year. Now.....
There are some other un-official groups that meet in the springs too. There is an after hours build at the south Hobby Town in the Citadel Crossing onthe 6th and 20th of this month. Basically there are roughly 20 or so of us that show up, grab some chow at one of the nearby eateries, return, pop in a movie and then build and watch the movie until the movie is over. Most show up prior to closing at 5pm for some last minute shopping etc. and to set up tables. Some guys will just show up to hang out...have done this myself coming directly from baseball practice on more than one occassion. It is a good bunch of folks and a good time as well. No dues, no minutes, no officers etc. Just show up and build/watch a movie.
There is an open build day every other Saturday at Compleat Games and Hobbies located on Tejon street one block north of Acacia Park on the west side. Open tables for anybody and everybody to stop in and build. Sometime we have to compete with the gamers, but they usually slink back to the gaming section and we continue. They have their times for gaming and we have our for builds etc. Times are usually 11am to 4pm. You can check their website for additional info and daeswww.compleatgamer.com I know there are some more groups inthe area, but these are the ones I am familier with. Any questions, feel free to give me a yell. Hope to see some new faces at some of our meetings, and if you do make it to a meeting, let us know you saw it here on the Big "A". Thanks, "Q"
Removed by original poster on 03/10/09 - 19:05:51 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP