_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
ATTN ON DECK .help needed to save model .
SK2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 09:51 PM UTC
I forgot I had glue on my fingures while inspecting a finished model ready to paint..The glue messed up a lot of the details on the model
Did I ruien the model Can it be fixed If so how
Thanking you in advance
SK2
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 09:59 PM UTC
Well you didint specify where is the damage, on what... some pic would be nice, but ussualy its probably fixable in some percentage by putty or sanding or something similar....

Mirko
SK2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 10:22 PM UTC
The damage is on the missile's fin's and fuel tank .I am trying to figure out how to post pictuers . All i have is a digital camera .I don't have a scanner as of yet. .
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 01:20 AM UTC
OK first dont panic and make it worse - let the damage dry then remove the fin and replave with sheet plastic ( most kit fins are to thick anyway, see if you can sand out the damage to the fuel tank then re-paint , if you need to use som putty to re-construct the tank. If this seems to be too much work you can but sets of missles and drop tanks in 1/72 and 1/48 from Hasegawa. Good luck!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 01:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The damage is on the missile's fin's and fuel tank .I am trying to figure out how to post pictuers . All i have is a digital camera .I don't have a scanner as of yet. .

Hi M.R.,

Regarding posting pictures, you don't need a scanner if you're using a digital camera. A cable should be provided for you to hook up the camera to your computer through a USB port or something. Just transfer the photos from your digi cam. to your harddisk.

Check out the IMAGE HELP icon on the top right hand side of the page, it'll guide you through the steps of posting your pictures in the forums.

HTH..
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 02:00 AM UTC
Okay. Take a deep breath and repeat,it's only plastic, it's only plastic.
Now, as was mentioned, and has prbably already happened, let the glue dry. You should be able to lightly sand down the fingerprints with some light pressure. Break ot the airbrush and retouch the paint.One of the beauties iof the airbrush is that it will tend to blend in the colors at the edges.
Now, to posting pictures.
Save the pictures on your computer though your computer may even read your camera as a drive.
Next, just right of center on the Armorama screen is a button labeled "My account." Click it and the next page includes a button labeled "My Gallery Photos." Click this and look for the button "Upload photo." You may need to login again as you would for Armorama. Click "Browse" and you'll see tha various folders and drives on your computer. Find your picture and double click it. You can do up to 6 pics at a time. When you are ready, click the button at the bottom, IIRC "Process" and wait as the pictures are sent out. You'll get one more page with the option to cation your pictures befor the final upload.
Now you have pictures in the Armorama gallery. Click "return to gallery" and you'll see your thumbnails., Click the thumbnail and a full image will appear. Right click on this. A box shows up and you'll click on "Properties" to reveal one more box. Tripple click on the address and right click to copy this.Close the box and back out to the Forum page.
(We're almost there. It takes less time to do than read!)
Post as you normally would. Above the text box, there's a button labelled IMG. Click this and paste the address to replace everything between the sets of brackets lthe bold text below eaving no spaces. [ img ] http://put.url.here/image.file [ /img ]
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 02:21 AM UTC
Hey SK2 -Are you a box kicker? What ship/base? for those reading this a Box Kicker is a storekeeper (Navy Rate)
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
entire network: 970 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 02:39 AM UTC
In the RN a 'box kicker' would be a 'blanket stacker'. Or something far worse :-)
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 03:02 AM UTC
I kept it clean for the boards - we also call them bb stackers among others- of course I was a Deck Ape.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
You can definitely (unless the problem is really bad) sand it down, LIGHTLY and slowly as Al said earlier. I know because I've done this several times myself, nothing severely damaging but definitely rookie mistakes on more than one kit/occassion. lol

Use a fine sanding stick and very gently sand off the fingerprints. Once done, go over with some fine steel wool to even it out and polish it up a bit. Break out the AB and touch it up, you should be able to fix it. Tell us how it turns out.
SK2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:16 PM UTC
BM2 yes I was a box kicker. I was in the reserves .I had a car accident and had to take a early discharge becuase of T. N.O.T.N (the needs of the navy ) . the Navy didn't need a storekeeper with a bad back. I guess they figured i couldn't kick boxes as good as I used to. I don't blame them I wouldn't have beeen any good to my shipmates if we where called to GQ .I miss it very much .Funny thing happend the other day me and a couple of friends where watching a movie .
Antoine Fisher .Some one yelled Attn On Deck .I jumped up and snapped to attn so fast that I scared every one before I realized it was the movie . :-) :-) :-)
I forgot that I had the surround sound on I was day dreaming and drinking to the foam.
As soon as I get some free time. I am going to try the suggestions given.
Thanks SK2.
 _GOTOTOP