_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Howdy ya'll
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 04:15 PM UTC
Hello everyone. I've been building models since I was 10 years old and I'm 32 now. Nothing I have ever built comes even close to the awsome work I see on this site so I'm basically here to learn and listen. I have two sons ages 11 and 6 who are just beginning to get the model bug. My main model intrests are WWII armor and aircraft.
My Great Uncle Edward Rector was one of the original Flying Tigers with the all volunteer group. The first model I ever built was of a P-40 Curtis which he gave to me. Needless to say my favorite all time fighter plane and the one I have built the most is the P-40.
As I said, I'm here to listen and learn. My skills are limited (don't even own a spray gun) so be patient with me.

Thanks, Hermon Rector aka. VonCuda
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 04:27 PM UTC
Welcome to ArmoramA. Don't be shy here. If you have a question, there are lots of talented folks here to help. It's good to see another Alabamian join our ranks. What part of Alabama do you call home?

Patrick
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 04:40 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Hermon!!!
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 04:45 PM UTC
Thanks for the welcome PLMP110.
Actually I'm from North Carolina, Asheville to be exact. I guess I'd better change that while I'm here.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 06:43 PM UTC
Greetings Hermon..

Welcome to ArmoramA..
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 06:46 PM UTC
Hi Hermon

Welcome to Armorama
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 07:07 PM UTC
Welcome aboard
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
entire network: 5,653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 07:47 PM UTC
Bonjour Hermon!

Bienvenue sur Armorama!

Make sure to check at the Aircraft forums from time to time... sometimes (quite often in fact) you can see a P-40 flying around... :-)

I found out in my refs your Great Uncle Edward Rector was credited with 4,75 Victories (6,52 with aircraft destroyed on ground)...

Jean-Luc
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 389 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 09:28 PM UTC
Hi Hermon, welcome to the Armorama family
Jenny
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 119 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 11:12 PM UTC
Hi Hermon ,
Glad to have you aboard ,
I bet you are proud to have a relative in such a distinguished squadron . I saw a model from Legends on there site the other day of a flying tiger pilot with a leopard leaning on a partial plane in 1/35 scale . Looks very nice & would be right up your alley by the sounds of it . Let me know what you think .
I have only just got an airbrush & compressor , used it for the first time yesterday . People here can help you choose which one too , so you are at the right place .
Love Jenny :-)8
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 09:38 AM UTC
Hermon...Welcome to the Big A.. You now have an extended family of brothers and sisters here that are more than happy and willing to help you in whatever way you may need. I myself only started modelling about two years ago..and this site has helped me learn and grow so much...
Sooo..when your ready..post some work in your gallery..and let us all have a look.

Mary (++)
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 10:02 AM UTC
Hi Hermon,

Welcome to the site.

I built aircraft, tanks and ships when I was young and applied Humbrol paint with a trowel. Many years later, after the British Army, SWMBO and just life in general, got in the way I got back into the hobby and love it.

A word of warning... This site is addictive, don't spend too much time on it.

1/2 an hour max, then go and build something, back to the site for a read, then go and build some more... Oh, very important! Periodically wave to SWMBO, it let's her know how much you appreciate her and smoothes the way to your next model purchase.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 07:18 AM UTC
Many thanks for all the warm welcomes everybody. I've spent the last couple of nights looking around here and have already picked up quite a few tips.
Jean-Luc, the work I found on your website is amazing. You have some beautiful WWII planes on there and I think I'll be bothering you quite a bit in the future with questions if that's ok.
Jenny, I couldn't find anything on the P-40 kit you mentioned. If you ever run into it again sometime I'd beg you for a link to it. If anyone can steer me towards a really nice P-40 kit with lots of detail I'd appreciate it.
Again, thanks for the welcome and I'm looking forward to starting a new model in the very near future and hopefully putting up a picture or two of it here. I've already gotten several ideas I'm dying to use.
warhog
Visit this Community
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 01:07 AM UTC
welcome to armorama......
 _GOTOTOP