_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Assembly track onto roadwheel without mount
pionner
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:25 PM UTC
I am seen some article on assemblying individual track together.

But does anyone know how I can assemble track to the road wheel even when the road wheel is not mounted to the tank ? I saw this picture on the site below. I try to do it but no success on it.

Any one has any ideal on this one...make painting the track a whole lot easier....

Donald99
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 265 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:21 PM UTC
I do it the same way as the photo. Assuming individual track links, this is how I do it:

1. Without the upper hull attached to the lower hull, put the wheels on the lower hull as you would do in dry fitting. No cement between the wheels and the lower hull

2. Assemble the bottom track section first then sit the tank on the track. No cement between track and wheels.

3. Built up the track links around the idler and drive wheels to connect with the bottom section of track. No cement between wheels and track.

4. Carefully assemble the top section to connect to those above the idler and drive wheels. Still no cement between return rollers and track.

5. when you are happy with the length of the track and the sag between return rollers, use CA to touch on the contact points where the wheels meet the track.

6. When it is set, you can remove the whole sub-assembly away from the hull in the same way as shown in the photo.

Good luck!
 _GOTOTOP