_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
C.A. glue applicator....
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 12:52 PM UTC
As a thank you to all the members here on Armorama, who continously give me the motivation to keep modelling, in this dry spell for me. I'd like to post this little jewel of a trick on my 100th posting. It was shown to me by a ship modeller, (applying C.A. glue to P.E. on a 700 scale ship is the most difficult task any modeller can attempt !... my opinion... )

If you can stretch sprue for antenna, you can pull this off :-) :-)

All you need is to go to a radio controlled plane shop and purchase the semi-transparent conduit line which they use in their planes, comes in 3 to 4 foot lengths and is pretty rigid, the diametre of the conduit line needed depends on the size of the C.A. glue applicator given to you. The amazing thing about stretching this plastic, is that it will stay hollow, regardless of how fine the streched portion of the tube gets, allowing the super thin C.A. glue to travel within the hair thin applicator, snip the end so about an inch is left and you can now reach into the previous hard to get to spots on your model, and apply the smalest amount of C.A. glue with full control. The C.A. tends to dry up inside the hair thin applicator, but usually only at the very tip, so use a sharp knife and remove 3-4mm off the end, and continue to use.

No more toothpicks, no more needles, no more pins, trust me, it's very simple,.... good luck. I'll post three photos to show the idea.....

Notice the four fine lines of applied glue on the last photo....

Frank

Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 04:27 PM UTC
Cool tip frank, thanks.. And for your 100th post, my wife would be more then happy to buy the drinks.. :-)
Nice clean bottle of glue there too.. mine looks a bit on the crusty side... .. Dry spell still got hold of you??

Dave
ekke
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
entire network: 285 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 03:38 AM UTC
Great tip, thanks a lot! Should be great for 1/72 PE parts
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 545 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 06:50 PM UTC
I've been buying the tips.Not any more!!! :-) :-) :-)

Great tip Frank!!

Jim
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 945 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 07:29 PM UTC
Thank you Frank!

WC
 _GOTOTOP