_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
hobbyeasy
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 118 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 06:13 AM UTC
Hi everyone,
I have a question for all of you , is there anyone who ever had ordered something by hobbyeasy. I want to know what you're thoughts are of them and in case that you ordered something did you have to pay extra tax for your stuff by delivery??
The reason i asked this is that 007 and i 043 ordered something by hobbyeasy but the tricky (dirty) thing is that we had to pay about 50 euro's
extra. We don't understand why because we hear that if your order stays under 113,00 euro's (about 45 - 50 pound) you don't need to pay any tax at all. I'm very disapointed about this, and i think it's the last time i did it.
Greetings 043 (aka Eric)
fbuis
Visit this Community
Ain, France
entire network: 447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC
Hi Eric,

I had ordered at hobby Easy in several time, my orders were about 45-110 euro. I had paid the tax 2 time over a dozen of packages, one for a order of 45 euro and the other for about 70 euro, I had just learned that the import free tax must be under 40 euro in France. So the tax is based on the country that you live.

Then I discovered that when I passed to the 2nd step of order processing, I could requested Hobbyeasy to send the package as a gift so the invoice including in the package did not shown the total amount of the order. This is just a "tip"

HTH.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 08:26 AM UTC
i ordered from luckymodel and they reduced the invoice to 60$ which isnt bad, next time il do like francois and declaire its a gift... should have known before!

Frank
JU-88c6
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 38 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hey I live in australia and i didnt have to pay any import tax and i rate there service as excellent took only 3 days to get here after ordering. that would suck having to pay extra tax on it

John
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 10:49 AM UTC
Paying extra tax has nothing to do with hobbyeasy or any other store you buy from. That has to do with the country you live in. I order from them all the time and I only pay a small customs fee. Most e-stores have a warning that they're not responsible for any extra charges made by the country the package is being shipped to. You have to cjeck with your post office or customs services.
mossieramm
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
entire network: 253 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 07:01 PM UTC
I've ordered from HLJ, HobbyEasy and Luckmodel, about 15-20 times. I've had to pay tax twice, both HLJ.
I recently received an order from HobbyEasy of about 250 Euro, didn't pay a cent extra tax. I've received packages with far less value, and had to pay extra tax. Never 50 Euro though, I think the highest what I paid is 15 Euro, still sucks.
I don't know how they determine why one time you have to pay extra and the next time you don't.
I don't think they (customs) check every package, I think they check 1 package for every 10, something like that. And you happen to get chosen.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 07:39 PM UTC
Paying extra for packages has nothing to do with Hobbyeasy, and this statement applies to all webstores. That's something you would need to clarify with your local custom regulations. I have no problem ordering from Hobbyeasy. However, I won't deny there were times I had all the luck in the world when my package got picked-out for import duty
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 08:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

We don't understand why because we hear that if your order stays under 113,00 euro's (about 45 - 50 pound) you don't need to pay any tax at all.

This definitely is not true. This amount is much too high. In most countries it is in 30 - 50 Euro range. In Poland it is 30 Euro.

And as others already wrote it has nothing to do with Hobbyeasy. You would have to pay tax regardless of the source of your package. Please note that some online vendors can declare the lower value on your invoice to let you avoid taxes in your country.

Pawel
 _GOTOTOP