Trouble with decals?
German insignia
cementshoes
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 69 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:36 AM UTC
Does anyone know where I can get 1/35 decals for german tanks.
Divisional logos, insignia etc.
Im working on the Panther G ricght now (Ardennes paint scheme)

Thanks for any help
Rick
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:56 AM UTC
Archer transfers makes several sets . They are not true decals though. You rub them onto the model. They adhere much better to the srface of the kit (which makes a big difference if you Zimmerit) and they don't silver on you (tiny airbubbles under your decal which makes it stand out thus giving a shiny appearance and making it obvious its a decal rather than painted on). I think eduard makes some actual decals and there are other firms as well. If you go to Great MOdels, or Squadron websites and use their search engines you'll find exactly what you want.
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 386 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:45 PM UTC
Check your souces before applying Divisional signs to Panthers (esp as late as the Ardennes). Of all German vehicles, the Panther seems to be the one least likely to be "badged up". Some units were scrupulous about marking their vehicles (Panzer Lehr & LAH for example), others less so (e.g. I've never seen a photo of a Hohenstaufen tank, be it Panther, PzIV or Stug, with the div. sign on!). For the Ardennes, Zimmerit shouldn't be a problem (i.e. it won't have any!), so your choice about turret numbers.
 _GOTOTOP