_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Interesting T-55
SOOD
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 03:59 AM UTC
H i guys, i've been a member of the site for a while now, but this is the first time i've posted so hi to everyone out there. My reason for posting is this- I recently came across a pic of a T-55 with Royal armouries markings and i would like to model this version as it had some unusual mods (for a T-55 anyway). What i would like to know is does anybody out there know of a company that produces smoke dischargers like the ones found on the M1-A2 and also is there a company that makes a cneturion or chieftain 105mm gun barrel (i am unsure of the correct specs of the barrel)

Thanks in advance, Sood
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 04:19 AM UTC
Welcome to the site. Once upon a time, Verlinden did an M48/M60 update set for the old Tamiya kits that included the 105mm barrel (same gun used on the Centurion) and the US style smoke grenade launchers (which I think may have originally been a UK design).
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 04:37 AM UTC
Some one kitted an update set in styrene, had like four different barrels, side skirts, all kinds of stuff. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company but I think I still have it in my pile. I'll check. Pretty sure it was a Korean company. I think it had parts to make the Korean version of the M48 with it too.

Shaun
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 04:50 AM UTC
LO model I believe......
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 04:54 AM UTC
Wow, good catch Matt.

Link to the box art:

http://www.patton-mania.com/M48_Patton/M48_modeling/Dave_s_M48_Stuff/loconversion.jpg

Shaun
 _GOTOTOP