_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Music to model by
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 10:35 AM UTC
It really depends on my mood, but here lately I have been listening to ELVIS.
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 10:53 AM UTC
Sorry Penny, but I don't understand how you can sit and model to that. When Elvis is on, I gotta get up and DANCE...(LOL) #:-) #:-)

Jazz for me, though. Soothes the mind while it taps the toes... :-)

Mike

thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 448 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... I have enjoyed the soundtrack to the movie The Royal Tannenbaums. It has the song off that Charlie Brown Christmas show (:-)

Nic

Royal Tannenbaums is the best soundtrack I've heard in a long time, the music was perfect for that movie. I don't really like the rolling stones, but Ruby Tuesday was great.

Jeff
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:13 AM UTC
I listen to Enya, Black Sabbath, Chet Atkins, or i listen to Big Band Standards or Conservative talk shows on the radio

Chris #:-) (:-) Pig no.1 and friends
Tanks46
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 113 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 12:14 PM UTC
Hello everyone I thought I would comment on this post. I like my music just like my armored vehicles variety. I'll listen to southern rock from the late 60's and 70's like the Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Eagles, Outlaws, Charlie Daniels. I like current stuff Creed, Nickel Back, Metallica, Three Doors, etc. Santana. The Three Tenors and Irish Rebel Songs, military marches and female artists Sade, Michell Branch, . The mood dictates the music. I like to have a good video tape on even if I am not watching it but listening to it waiting for the good scenes to come up. Butch Cassidy Tanks46

Quoted Text

Always remember to pillage before you burn.

Der Sonntag Bund
DaveMan
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 137 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 05:22 AM UTC
My tastes run all over the map. I listen to everything from Blask Sabbath, to Jethro Tull, to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I also catch some of the Punk side, listening to Patti Smith, Ramones, and others.
My favorite music, however, is Jazz and Fusion. I usually build to Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Al DiMeola, Frank Zappa, or progressive stuff like Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Focus. I also have a huge collection of Neil Young, Grateful Dead, and other hippie rock, but I don't use that to build to as much. (Hard to build a B-52 to the tune of "Woodstock" without wondering if it really will turn into a butterfly!) Fusion and Jazz usually are the best building tunes for me. My last project seemed to spring from Miles Davis' "Bitches Brew" album. This, along with King Crimson's "Larks Tongues in Aspic", and Frank Zappa's "Yellow Shark" seem to be the best building music right now. If I really need to get fired up before tackling tough task, I will fire up Black Sabbath, and jam out to "War Pigs" or crank up Jimi Hendrix, or Led Zeppelin.

Dave
CARFACE
entire network: 128 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 08:52 PM UTC
Hi Guys,
Great thread! Like most people it depends on the mood of the moment.
Rush, Alice in Chains,Pink Floyd , Weird Al, Primus, Alanis Morrisette, BjorK, The Cure, CCR, Dixie Dregs, The Police, Delbert McClinton, Hank Williams ( Jr. & Sr.)Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, Bella Fleck and the Fleck-tones. I could go on for ages... (but it appears that I already have!)

Chuck
...and the worms ate into his brain
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 71 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 10:53 PM UTC
i usally listen to the ...............radio.
Radio 10FM.
It's a Dutch broadcast but you can listen to it trough internet as well .
It only plays songs from the past ...50's , 60's , 70's , 80's ans some of the 90's

cherio

E
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 01:32 AM UTC
I listen to my wife say "are you gonna sit there and play with those models all night?!?" now isn't that music to your ears ?

Kidding aside I have Queens of the Stone Age and the Tragically Hip's latest in my rotation as well as Punk -O-Rama (any year)

MSW
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 512 Posts
KitMaker Network: 79 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 04:59 AM UTC
as for Myself. deppends on the subject I'm working on . WW2 eara I have several Marches from the Panzer corps as well as Luftwaffe marches, Korea an Nam era I have severl hundred MP3 files so crankin up the mp3 play an zone back to that time. and for modern day well I hit the radio...
btw hello everyone I'm sorta new to the block here but not at all new to the AO(modeling)

retired Army

All the Way
 _GOTOTOP