Place your announcements here please.
Calling Commonwealth fans / US Armour experts
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 448 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 12:34 PM UTC
I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of the total lack of British / Commonwealth websites. I've started building a site (Only about 4 hours in to it) and would like to know if anyone would like to contribute to a resource for other Commonwealth fans. Mostly I'd like people to contribute short reviews on various kits, or short historys of vehicles or particualar units, and correct errors I'm bound to make in my reports. A fairly large section of the site will be devoted to U.S Armour in Commonwealth hands, so sherman experts are needed.

Help us prove that models don't need to have little white crosses on them to be interesting.

Right now the sites pretty vague and needs some refinement. Buttons and proper backgrounds will be made when I visit a buddy with photoshop.

As it stands the only section quasi finished is the Matilda page (under Infantry tanks). Any suggestions, contributions or comments are appreciated.

The Common Front

To get a hold of me fire a letter off to [email protected] .

Cheers
Digger
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 02:12 PM UTC
Mate,

Well done. More power to you I say. I doubt I have the knowledge or expertise to contribute anything at the moment. I have built Tamiya's Centaur, Cromwell, Chuchill, Universal Carrier and Matilda.

I really like the Centaur and picked up another one when it ws on special.

I've got the Tamiya and DML British infantry kits which I will paint over the OZ summer.

I also have the old Tamiya 6 pdr which I may build (but not paint) this weekend.

I am also getting the 25 pdr and another Universal carrier for Christmas - I have a plan for a dio which I want to build in the new year.

Basically it will be the 25 pdr and the universal carrier in the background. A makeshift tent/tarpaulin near the 25 pdr. A makeshift scoreboard next to that. A number of Aussies in and around the tent.

In the foreground will be a cricket match - Australia batting ( and just losing a wicket).

The scoreboard will have England all out for 139 and Australia in a dangerous position at 7 for 101 ( although it won't have reflected the last wicket lost. So the last 2 wickets will need to get another 39 runs for victory.

I think I will call the dio "Arch Enemies".

Sorry to those who know little about or care even less about cricket.

I propose to use figures from the following sets:

Tamiya

25 pdr
Universal carrier
8th Army
SAS commando jeep - the driver's gloves will be used for the wicket keeper

DML
Africa Corp - the ones in shorts at lunch {with British helmets these will make up the Aussies who have already been dismissed}

Kind regards
Digger
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 1,109 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 05:15 PM UTC
I just fixed up my Cromwell by installing the idler and sprocket wheels in the correct spots, so it would probably be presentable if you would like some pictures of it. Here are some I just posted: Cromwell Changes.

I like the looks of your site so far. Perhaps you can add some Commonealth artillery, as well. There are some 25pdr field guns, plus 2pdr, 6pdr, and 17pdr AT guns out there.

Nic
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:16 AM UTC
Like I said, I've only a few hours in right now. A big thing is thinking of what too include.

Artillery, definetely in, I'm embarresed to have forgotten it as well as figure set reviews (converting DML Afrika corps to the good guys is a simple idea but a great one), of course for the figure idea to match the rest of the site I guess I'd have to write up a short history of the uniforms. I also have plans for a chart to cross-reference commonwealth colours across paint brands.

Quoted Text

I have built Tamiya's Centaur, Cromwell, Chuchill, Universal Carrier and Matilda.

. If you can write a 2-3 paragraph review (more if your ambitious) on any of those kits I'd appreciate it.

With permission off course Folgore I was wondering if I could insert one of your cromwell photos on the site, I really like the looks of it. If possible could you write a 2-3 paragraph (once again more if you want) review on the model, I give everyone 100% credit for their work.

I have a stuart honey that's about 85% done and will probably write a review for that in the next day or so, with photos following as soon as I'm finished painting.

Thanks for the suggestions anymore are appreciated/

Jeff
Digger
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 94 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 04:46 PM UTC
I shall endeavour to write kit reviews in near future.

Cheers
Digger
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 03:39 AM UTC
I have the beginnings of the cromwell page up (cruiser tanks) and will try to get the centaur and churchill up later today.

Thanks Digger

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP