Hosted by Matt Leese
Airbrush Problem
RICHARD
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 07:34 AM UTC
MY PROBLEM WITH MY DUEL ACTION 150 BADGER IS THAT AIR WILL NOT COME OUT OF IT, I THINK THERE MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH THE VALVE WHERE THE HOSE HOOKS UP THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE HOSE IF YOU ARE THINKING THAT, BECAUSE AIR STILL COMES OUT OF IT, BUT WILL NOT ENTER THE BRUSH. THIS PROBLEM HAS JUST OCCURED AND I HAVE ONLY USE THE BRUSH 3 TIMES SO FAR! AS FOR CLEANING THE BRUSH I ALWAYS CLEAN IT THROUGLY AFTER EACH TIME I USE IT, NEVER SOAKING THE BRUSH OF COURSE. ANYWAYS IF U THINK U KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,007 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 07:55 AM UTC
What type of air supply are you using,compressor or aerosol can? I had a problem soon after buying a Badger 200 single action while using canned air. After the original can that came with the outfit ran out, I switched to a different brand, which is when the trouble started. I was finding that no air, or very little, would come though the brush. Some times the air would allow two or three passes, then stop. It seemed that the propellent was reacting with the little O ring seal in the valve, causing it to expand. After replacing several seals I eventualy went back to the original brand of canned air, I never had another occurance after that. I now use a compressor.
Aitch
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 138 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 08:28 AM UTC
Richard, is there air bubbling up through the paint..? If so there's a blockage in the needle area that's forcing the air out the only way left.
Do you use a compressor or bottled air..? If you use bottled air the temptation is to not blow air through the airbrush after cleaning it out.
Try swabbing all the parts of the brush with Isopropyl Alcohol (try a local chemist, or drugstore in the US). This will shift all residues. Do be careful with the needle, 'cos a bent tip can cause the same problems. Get a make up sponge from the cosmetic dept, squirt a little Iso Al onto it and drag the needle *backwards* across it - this ensures that you don't damage the needle or stick in yourself!
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 08:44 AM UTC
.. I tried several chemicals, and finally I use trichlor-ethylene to clean it out. Quite unhealthy stuff, though. Maybe I'll try this Iso-alcohol... (:-)
RICHARD
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 09:05 AM UTC
thanks for ur resposes guys, but im afraid that even with ur advice i still have the same problem, and i use a compressor. air seems to come out of the compressor and its hose fine, but the air will not enter the brush. .
Aitch
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 138 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 09:43 PM UTC
Richard, You'll have to forgive me a little lack of knowledge on the 150, but when I had this problem with my 200BF I re-assembled the brush *without* the needle and pressed the trigger. The air came out ok, proving the valve and hose were working correctly. I then re-assembled with a brand new needle. No air came out
The problem was eventually a sludge of acrylic paint inside the two parts of the nozzle assembly, which was blocking the flow of air through a couple of bleed holes in the tip.
I got a selection of Falcon brand pipecleaners (here in the UK at the least) they were the thinnest available and would fit into the needle bearing ok. I dipped a short piece in Iso Al to remove any chance of lint or dried paint clogging, then cleaned the inside of the nozzle parts until they shone. That did it
RICHARD
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 05:12 AM UTC
THANKS FOR THE REPLYS GUYS, FOR I HAVE NOW FIXED MY AIRBRUSH AND CAN START DOING MODELS AGAIN! #:-)
 _GOTOTOP