_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Stowage Issues
Gastel
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 05:59 PM UTC
I have been eagerly viewing photo's of members efforts for a while now and am greatly impressed by the painstaking levels that most go to to produce accurate replicas of vehicles, especially armour.

However, I must say that these models are often spoilt by the seemingly haphazard way in which stowage items are slapped onto the models without any thought as to there security or the safety of the crews when travelling (I recently saw a photo of a Panzer with a jerry can hanging off the back between the exhaust stacks).
As an ex soldier who did most of my 23 years travelling in various types of communications vehicles I can assure you that the last thing you want is for part of your kit to go missing because you didn't secure it properly. Not to mention the fact that the boss would kick your *rse if you lost something and the Quartermaster would make you pay for it.

I am sure the crews of these armoured and other vehicles depicted were no less fussy about the way their gear was looked after.

The work put into most models is incredible and a little thought as to the way extra items are stowed would make a world of difference to the finished product.

Regards
Alex H
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 10:57 PM UTC
During the end of the war... when Fuel was in Short supply..... The germans would put Jerrycans almost anywhere.... there was a Pic or two posted in the Armor forum on that very subject.

HTH
 _GOTOTOP