_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
how to spray fututre on cars?
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 05:41 PM UTC
I normally do WW2 German AFV's but for Christmas I'm doing a 56' Chevy for my Uncle. I've never used It before but I want to learn to spray Future. How exactly do I spray future for use as a gloss coat on a car? Is it different from spraying it on AFV's? How many coats should I put down? What should I set up my airbrush for? Is there anything I should look out for?
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 06:48 PM UTC
hellbent11,
Spraying future is really no different than spraying any other clear coat with a airbrush. I find that the Future is thinner than most clear coats and really needs no thinning. It’s bit more trickier doing a car than a tank. What I found to work the best is to spray on a light coat at first, wait 10 mins. and spray on a little heavier coat. Waiting 20-30 mins. you should be ready to put on your finial wet coat.

The waiting period is so that the between coats have something to grab on to. I suggest that you practice on and old kit so that you get the feel and to see what’s the best airbrush adjustment. If you spray to close the Future will puddle and run, and if to far it’ll just haze and look dull. Another tip I like to use is to warm the paints or Future up. Using my airbrush bottle I’ll pour in the Future and let the bottle sit in a mug of warm water. It help the paints and the Future flow much better.

One word of caution, you’ll need to protect your car once your done spraying. Dust always finds it’s way on freshly painted clear coats. I suggest getting a container with a lid and let the model sit a few days.

If your using enamel paints, wait 4-5 days before coating the car with Future. Enamels need to gas out, I won’t go into all that. But if your going to use acrylics you should be ready to spray on the Future the next day.
 _GOTOTOP