_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
GREAT GUY ALERT!!!
pzkfwmk6
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 456 Posts
KitMaker Network: 231 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 07:07 AM UTC
John Fortier, aka PvtParts, is one gem of a guy!!! All I neede was a set of fenders for my DML Elefant. What does he send?? The whole dadgummed kit !!! Along with a set of Fruillys ANNND aturned barrel !!!
I just was dumbfounded. My wife thought I had a stroke. I just stood there looking in the box with that Homer Simpson look on my face. You know the one--- MMMMM doughnuts.
John, if you are ever near Hanover PA you better look me up! Cause were gonna hoist a few!!!!
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 451 Posts
KitMaker Network: 158 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 07:19 AM UTC
it's wonderful to read stories like this.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 07:42 AM UTC
There's a few guys like that hidding in the shadows on th site... Mike "Blade48mrd" Durr is one. When I posted about the ADV/Azimut 250/9 which I had just received in the post, I mentioned in passing that it didn't come with the running gear. He kindly offered me the running gear of the Tamiya 250/3 which he had laying about... very kind, only he then proceeds to send me the complete kit, still shrinkwrapped... and won't hear a word about money, not even shipping cost...I know he has sent kits and figures to others aswel, so here's a well deserved pat on the back for Mike aswel..

Henk
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 10:12 AM UTC
smooth deal and exchange with sopmed6, got pe yesterday, and packaging was superb, no damage.

another example of trust in the big A, he sent the pe same day i sent mo for pe, thanks bro.

reb
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 746 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:02 AM UTC
That's why i love this site
the comeraderie is something else.
Long Live Armorama

redleg
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,299 Posts
KitMaker Network: 347 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:08 AM UTC
This site is great. Another Great member is DragonWagon. I messed up my Dragon Jagdtiger tracks and the guy mailed me Jagdtiger tracks and a pile of other goodies. Wouldnt let me send him any cash.

/thedutchie sends DragonWagon a cyber pat-on-the-back

Long live Armorama and all the decent people out there

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:09 AM UTC
Yup, done some and still doing some deals with Arnold(SopMod6), good guy!

Done a trade with Mario(Maki).

Since Gino(HeavyArty) is stationed at Ft. Irwin and there is praticly nothing out there as far as LHS, I did him afavor and got him some stuff from my LHS.

I know that there is more guys out there like John, Gino, Arnold, and myself out there on this sight.

trading in this hobby doesn't always have to involve money. It's nice to do some one an fovor every once in while. Inturn, it will get paid back in full.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 07:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There's a few guys like that hidding in the shadows on th site... Mike "Blade48mrd" Durr is one. When I posted about the ADV/Azimut 250/9 which I had just received in the post, I mentioned in passing that it didn't come with the running gear. He kindly offered me the running gear of the Tamiya 250/3 which he had laying about... very kind, only he then proceeds to send me the complete kit, still shrinkwrapped... and won't hear a word about money, not even shipping cost...I know he has sent kits and figures to others aswel, so here's a well deserved pat on the back for Mike aswel..

Henk

I second that about Mike "Blade48mrd", he's a helluva great guy! I'm one of those who has been quite fortunate to benefit from his generous nature. He's sent me several excellent figures as well as a 'floaty thing' for Dreadnaughts.

There are some really class people here at Armorama, I'm amazed when I hear stories about people like that and have experienced it first hand. It just goes to show the type of people in this hobby of ours, a lot of attention goes to the negative experiences people have had. Not enough goes to those, who on their own and without any other motives, share their love for this hobby by helping out their fellow modelers. It gives me the warm fuzzies.... aww, group hug!
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 08:15 PM UTC
Can't let this pass without mentioning Mother (Joe Szczygiel). I was in the aircraft forum asking advice on a 1/35 Slick and crew. Joe offers to give me a Revell kit from his stash for nothing. And he also throws in the DML 'Nam Series crew as well. Ignored my offer to at least pay for postage. What a great guy!
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 05:53 AM UTC
When I needed roadwheels replacements for my Italeri Panthers, Harry Worthan (Hworth18) accommodated me with two sets. I never really did say thank you, so THANK YOU Harry!

Then, Costas Rodopoulos (Major_Goose) and I did a swap a few months back, I’m still discovering all the extras he sent me. Thanks Bro, I’ll make it up to you soon.
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 156 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 06:27 AM UTC
It's nice to see that there are people like this still around. Especially when you consider that there are people around who feel the need to trash people........Good to see there are good people out there.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 07:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike "Blade48mrd" Durr is one

Couldnt say better, mike sent be his scharnhorst for the dreadnaugth campaign, and payed for shipping!
It rits waiting for paint on my desk, sloly figuring out how il paint it

Francois
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 09:52 AM UTC
And another member who deserves a special mention, our brother Costas..
Apart from his time and encouragement given to members and our site he organised his little 'raffle' earlier this year, giving away a host of kits, sending them to lucky winners all over the globe, including me . The vacform kit sits on the corner of my 'workbench' ( servingtray.. ) and I keep doing bits on it inbetween projects. And the t-shirt he included gets a lot of wear aswel.. . Cheers Costas.

A glass of Ouzo to you brother

Henk
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,017 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 11:54 AM UTC
I would like to add animal (Dave Willett) as another great member. Sent me the correct exhaust and tail lights for my M35. No charge you cant be a better person than that.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 07:26 PM UTC
well since we go in this dance of excellent gentlemen i have also to mention, Blade48mdr, Savage, Graywolf, Jackhammer81, Dragonwagon, Faust, Grumpyoldman, and so many other members that are always there when u need them. Beeing part of this unique family just makes u feel better and better. People that probably will never meet go and help one each other , what more to say ???????

Long live Armorama
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 08:44 PM UTC
well, I would also like to say thank you to Costas,Mike,Kevin and Mary. But I would also like to add some names too. My good buddies Cliff (MrRoo) and Steve(WeWillHold) have help me out countless times with out any repayment...so thank you once again to you guys too. I am sure there are many many more great people like those named in this thread. It is great to have such a friendly bunch of people on this site.
 _GOTOTOP