TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
anyone remember the show "Space Giants" ?
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2005 - 05:49 AM UTC
I remember it coming on TBS back in the late 70's early 80's. It was a Japanese show that had 3 robots that lived in a Volcano. They were Goldar, Silvar, and some boy robot (name?) they fought some baddies that tried to assault earth by introducing a new guy running around in a rubber monster suit in each episode :-) , but it was AWESOME! Oh well, it would be nice to have on VHS or DVD for posterity.

If anyone is familiar with Ultraman or Spectreman - it was similar in plot.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2005 - 06:30 AM UTC
I thought at first you were speaking about Land of the Giants, about some space farers landed on a planet where everything was super size.

On this link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061299/ there are a couple of references to DVDs, but you have to register for the website in order to read them.

Sounds like an interesting show, but Ive never seen it.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2005 - 11:23 AM UTC
Even as a kid I always hated the Japanese "guy jumping around in a rubber suit" monster movies and shows. I guess I grew up with Ray Harryhausen special effects which were still the cutting edge until the new computer graphics came out. (See-- Sinbad series of flics, the original Jason and the Argonauts, The Beast from 20,000 fathoms, Mysterious island)