TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Farewell to the King
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 02:51 PM UTC
Just watched FAREWELL TO THE KING, a Nick Nolte movie.

After three weeks of 10 - 12 hr, 7 days at work, I came home and saw that this movie was on a movie channel uninterupted. I had remembered seeing it and being very moved. I also remember that it was worth taping.
I'm not a Nolte fan, I don't even know if the movie is credible - fact or fiction[ rivit counting sh*t ]. It still applies to non-combatants in time of war.

Please watch this flic if you can, because it answers alot of esoteric questions about, war - honor - commitment, life and people mowed down by the rest of the worlds problems.
It's an essay on life
It's an answer to - what did peasants, innocents and other people caught up in WW2 inadverdantly get involved.
I really don't know if I'm making myself clear [ had a few ] if you've seen this movie please watch it again [ uninterupted ], if not please, I beg you to watch this movie - it answers alot of questions about war in general.
It also answered alot of my personal [ why ] questions about my 60's early 70's things.
Ok, I'm a little lit [ half a bottle of good Aussie Great White wine ]
In my opinion the pen-ultimate war flick. [ as far as a Zen, satori, enlightenment type of thing goes ]
I want to apoligise for the spelling and stuff, please watch this old flick it answers alot of questions.
Cheyenne
Hope I made sense and didn't come across like a drunken sailor, but then again I was not in the Navy.
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 02:55 PM UTC
OOPS forgot - Life English.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:22 AM UTC
Never heard of it. When did it come out? Is it a post WW2 era or Viet Nam war ? I am interested in this osrt of thing too. I love Gardens of Stone which is a classic Viet Nam in the states movie.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:49 AM UTC
More info here
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:55 AM UTC
I saw it years ago and thought it was pretty good, but it was some time ago so I can't really comment on the "moral of the story" as it were.