_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
New Project, Need Your Input
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 10:36 AM UTC
Hola Guys!

I have started a new project and I would love some input from all of you guys! Below you will see a picture of the figure I am doing, he wont be leaning on a table but on a stone wall of sorts. The question that I have is would this figure be a better and more comercially successful figure if he had all the web gear on instead of not wearing it as in the picture. What are your thoughs?

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 10:52 AM UTC
Personally, I'd leave the gear off. That way you can add if necessary, which is far easier than removing.
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 11:23 AM UTC
What scale will he be in Anders?.. Im sure a relaxed un- equipped soldier would go over well.. Could you perhaps do his harness and say a canteen tossed at his feet?

Dave
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
Hola Guys,

He will be in 75mm. I have thought about the webbing on the ground as well, but then the Garrison cap would be out of place. Hmm...the dilemma!
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:51 PM UTC
Hey Anders, good to see your back. Give me a call and let me know how things are going.

To answer your question, I would leave the gear off. Having some resting on the ground would be good. As the previous person said, it is easier to add than remove.

auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 04:22 PM UTC
How are you Anders,...
Mate these are only thoughts, unequipted soldier, fantastic idea,... think on his body language in the way you would have him leaning on the wall, perhaps , lighting a cigarette with a lighter, looking at the way men casually do this every day action.....
May be two heads garrison hat I like it and perhaps a battle pot, by doing that, thems who wish to kit him out are half way there, and you have two points of sale...... equipment on the ground, a bad move mate keep it simple... but your opinion is what counts.....

Phil....

sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 04:48 PM UTC
Two heads......That is an excellent idea Phil.

You should definitely do that Anders. That is a win,win situation for the modeller.
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 05:19 PM UTC
Hola Guys!

Thanks for all the input!!

The pose will be exactly as in the picture, both hands in pockets. The quesiton is wether or not to have the webbing on, now some people say that it would be hard to find a para like this in an M-42 Jump Suit without the gear, especially during campaign.

I did think about the head gear option, something which I will do for sure.

I like it either way to be honest. The no gear figure would be a pleasure to paint up, not having to mess with a lot of parts and painting the boring web gear.

On the other hand, an equipped soldier would be a lot of fun to paint as well, especially if you paint him dirty and scruffy looking from some hard days of combat.

There really are no 'relaxed' paras out there, especially without gear, but then again, I was told that it may make sales of the kit worse by not doing the web gear. I think that I am leaning towards doing the gear after all, I think it would be a sweet kit all decked out and painted up battle weiry.

It is still possible to do either way so please keep sharing!!

Brent,

I tried to call a few times, but I'll keep trying!

Thanks again all!!

rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 01:42 PM UTC
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

leaning against a wall? perhaps like a bus stop?
with gear at feet?

streetlamp? just imagining is all. i'd keep the gear and make it a 2 n 1 optional idea......

great idea tho.............

reb
 _GOTOTOP