TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
DVD Software
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:50 AM UTC
I just got a new computer with a DVD burner. It came with software, InterVideo Win DVD, that allows me to play DVD, plus software to burn them. One thing I noticed abut InterVideo is it allows me to image capture an image from the DVD. The problem is this feature is only available if you pay for the full version of the software, about $69. The regular, free, software is probably enough for me, except I'd like this feature. Anybody know of any cheap, or preferably even free, software that can do an image capture like this from a DVD?

For the record I'd like to image capture from DVDs in order to model various scenes from movies, like the crashed B-17 from Twelve O'Clock High.

Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 06:37 AM UTC
Rodger,

Here's a thought - why not try using the Print Scrn button and paste into paint. That may work in a pinch.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rodger,

Here's a thought - why not try using the Print Scrn button and paste into paint. That may work in a pinch.

I tried it on my last computer, and it really didn't work all that well. I'm going to try it again tonight though.

Thanks

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 07:42 AM UTC
So Rodger the Pirate is your new title :-) :-)

Do you know if the DVD's you burn are playable on your regular DVD player. MIne is about 4 years old and it doesn't like the clones. If I ever get working , which may become a reality one of these days, I might upgrade to a clone player then I won't worry about getting an unusable dvd when I buy them off of Ebay. Maybe even upgrade the computer as well.