Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
Armorama Family - Please Read!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 07:10 AM UTC
For the first time in about two months, I once again turned on my TV to the news. After reading Sreamingeagles post, I wanted to see what was going on. I know that I am only in the National Guard know and I did myservice in the Active Army, but i still keep my bags packed and one foot in the door to fight along my brothers and sisters of our armed forces. i sat here and watche my bothers at arms defened our way of life in a far away land and i only have one regret, IM NOT THERE WITH THEM! I know I am doing my part by protecting are boarders within, but its a feeling that I know that every service man and woman, past and present, has, why aren't we with them.
To the men and women of the 101st Airborne Division, FIGHT HARD, FIGHT FAST, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
To the families of those who lost, our pryers are with you.
AND TO THE FALLEN, YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN, BECAUSE THERE ARE THOSE OF US WHO WILL CONTINUE THE CHARGE!!!!!!

"101ST - SCREAMING EAGLES - AIR ASSAULT SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A SON IS LOST, A SON IS BORN. TRAIN HIM HARD, FOR HE WILL BE THE NEXT TO DEFEND OUR GREAT NATION.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 09:19 AM UTC
CURRAHEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete, I know how you must feel, wanting
to be their with your brothers you have served with. ( i'd go in a minute myself )
But I'm glad to know your here with us
serving our great country of AMERICA on our
own soil.
Its soldiers as youself & others right here
on this site that make us proud.
- ralph
P.S. - i hope you got my email, as to why
i couldn't call the hobby shop last SAT.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 12:07 PM UTC
Thank you Ralph. I just wanted to share my thoughts to, like you.
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 330 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:50 AM UTC
Pete,
I too caught the network news lastnight and seen America's current "Band of Brothers" in action. And I am sure that the original members are as proud of this new bunch as I was, as I watched that news braodcast. "Give them hell and come home safe!"

Ron C.
Ashtabula, Oh
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 08:37 AM UTC
Wouldn't mind going myself If I wasn't over the hill
But really I wouldn't mind behind the trigger of my ole M-60 and smoking some Arabs butt off.
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 08:51 AM UTC
To Pete and all my other highly motivate brothers. Be patient boys, your turn will come. Having been in Operation Just Cause, Operation Desert Shield/Storm, I know, I was the same way. I was stationed in Germany when my boys of the 82d had the pleasure of ridding the small island of Granada of Cubian insergents. I was furious, I ranted and raved that I should have been there. But my time was just around the corner. So be Patient. We (The people of the United States) appreciate the jobs that all the military is doing right now, regardless if your an active duty soldier/sailor/airmen/marine, national guard or reservist. We thank you all. As a retired SFC, I say, keep up the great work fellas. All good things come to those who wait. So just give it some time. Hooha!!!! Chris. :-)
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 08:43 PM UTC
I'll add my own quiet agreement with the original post. I suspect my turn will come sooner than my family would like. Still, after training for over 20 years, I sort of look forward to the chance to do it for real. Special Ops seems to be a major player in most of our actions right now, and that will put guys like me in the hot seat.

For the guys at the pointy end...Got your back!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 01:18 AM UTC
I add my own agreement to the posts above too - and if I could return to the active service, I'd go!

Gunnie
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 08:52 AM UTC
My heart and prayers go out to their families.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 12:35 PM UTC
Hey, I feel with the rest of you. Im not heading to Sigonella till November, but we all can still do our part. Have you noticed how few American Flags are flying outside peoples houses? Not as many as back in September and October. Put your flag on your house and your car. My wife got one of those Blue Star flags for the front window of the house and a sticker for the van. You can get one of these WWII era flags from the American Legion web page. Also, if you know a sharp young man or woman between the ages of 17 & 34 and arent sure where they want to go in life, introduce them to an Armed Forces Recruiter. Any branch will do. You folks that are long in the tooth (I aint insultin anybody on purpose) probably have a nefew or niece, son or daughter or maybe Grandchildren. If you want to help, the biggest help you can be is to refer a young person to a recruiter. I aint sayin this cause I am one, but that is the truth. We need young men and women to keep filling the ranks. Fly your flag and support those in uniform. Together we will win this one! :-) :-) :-)
Weezul
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 151 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 08:09 AM UTC
I can understand how you feel... I plan to serve for 2 years in the airborne before college.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 08:28 AM UTC
I too will add my 2 cents to this thread: Being Ex-Airforce, Ground Weiniee. If the call came to return even being 42. I'd still go. I hate that we are involved in this. But If America HAS to PROVE IT'S point by Force Of Arms then so be it !!! Until then..If Ever..All I can do is give my Moral support and prayers to the brave young Men & Women serving in far away fields.

DAGGER-1 "When Science Fails, Brute Force Wins"
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 08:32 AM UTC
it used to be that when we went to war we were fighting a guy just like us.someone just fighting for his country,an average joe.
but times have changed and now we are fighting a different kind of enemy
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 179 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 01:48 AM UTC
The best thing we can do at home right now is to fully support every man and women of our armed forces. That is the best way to show our patriotism right now.

Mark
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 06:44 PM UTC
I growl and want to be in the cupola of an M1A2... but I am way beyond that...

Recently I had the privelege of helping a young lady get a berth with the Navy Officer program through writing a letter of recommendation. She will make a fine officer. We need all we can get like her.

Keep is up guys. I read Band of Brothers (of course saw the miniseries) and have a respect for the 101st and the like that is only equaled by my respect for the Cavalry...