_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
P. Johansen - buyer beware?
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 808 Posts
KitMaker Network: 326 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 04:50 AM UTC
Hello All,
Rather hesitant to post this, but feel it is necessary.
This concerns a transaction with Peter Johansen from Canada (e-mail [email protected]).
Bought a kit on August 13th and still have received nothing. E-mails initially were friendly and prompt. Since I asked him to do a follow up (kit was to be insured) he seems to have disappeared from the face of the Earth.
Tried twice to contact him after notifying him I have no kit. No response. I realize that personal matters, sickness, unforeseen circumstances happen and hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I've received two e-mails from others who describe situations very similar to mine.
Not making accusations, but want anyone who may be considering a possible transaction to be aware of my (and the two other individuals) situation.
If my suspicions are correct I hope this helps others to avoid this from happening to them.
Joe
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 04:54 AM UTC
Was it an Ebay auction? If so, report him to Ebay.
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 156 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Was it an Ebay auction? If so, report him to Ebay.

I had a problem with not receiving merchandise from a seller on Ebay. I paid with a Paypal account and got a refund when I filed a complaint for not receiving the merchandise. They investigated it fully.
Hope this helps.
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 11:02 AM UTC
Trapper,
No. I advertised here and on another board for 1/25th armor. He answered from one, but which one I don't know.

Glenn,
Actually a friend of mine paid with his Pay-Pal account. He is requesting a refund, but being 9 weeks removed, I feel it's too late.
Thanks to both of you for your responses.
Joe
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 156 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 10:58 AM UTC
Joe,
I actually requested a refund after two months. I got a refund shortly thereafter. The seller kept promising he would send a new item but I never received one. It may not be too late. I would give it a try if I were you.
Glenn
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 11:04 AM UTC
Thats one of hte reason why my parents force me to stick with c.o.d... i guess il stop bothering them now!

Give the complaint a try, worse they will do is refuse right?

Frank

M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 11:40 AM UTC
Glenn / Francois,
This is the reply I got back from my friend when he contacted Pay-Pal

EVERYTHING IS A MESS.
I FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO THRU PAYPAL. IT HAS TO BE FILED BEFORE 45 DAYS ARE UP. I KEEP SENDING HIM REFUND REMINDERS, BUT NOTHING BACK EITHER.

My friend and I have both personally requested a refund from Pete, so it isn't looking good. There's been no reply up to this point. It basically looks like another thief at work.
Thankfully I didn't go for two kits at $90.00.
Don't care to be cheated, but I'd rather be cheated than to cheat. Much easier looking in the mirror and sleeping. And as a friend of mine said on many occassions "what goes around comes around". He'll eventually deal with another like himself, but be on the receiving end.
Joe
easy8
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 10 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 03:48 PM UTC
Add me to the list of those who got hosed by this loser. Apparently, he likes to respond to 'WTB/Looking for' type posts with an offer of the sought item at a reasonable price. He takes payment via PayPal, then puts the buyer off until the 45 days have passed and PayPal won't touch the complaint.

I've even been told by more than one person that he actually resides in Texas, though he tells people he's in Canada.

Avoid this guy at all costs.

HTH,
Will
MrCrewchief
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
entire network: 83 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 09:45 PM UTC
I'm having the same problems with this guy.
The strange thing is that he also "send" my "package" the 13th of August, so he had to be out of money and he was going through the buy/sell forums and he caught us.
He told me he was living in Texas and just moved from Canada.

He's the reason I won't be buying goodies outside of the EU anymore.

Thank you, whatever your real name is!!!!

Dennis
 _GOTOTOP