_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
DEC SnT and Awareness Campaign
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 02:36 PM UTC
Coming this Dec 2005, an awareness campaign for Warhammer would be held in Mid Valley Exhibition Hall. Plastic Modellers and together with another few organizers are looking scale modellers like us to take up some space in the exhibition hall.

In view of our monthly SnT, I am looking for Armorama members to support this campaign by showcasing completed models and in-progress models, demostrating modelling techniques, and looking after exhibition models. This exhibition is a two-day event from Dec 3 till Dec 4, 2005. This is purely an exhibition and therefore, no selling and swapping are allowed in the hall (but you can do this somewhere else e.g. MH).

This exhibiton is very important to Malaysian modellers as it would help to kick some interest in the society and retailers. Let's tell the retailers we are buying more from the net than FROM THEM! We get the latest kits with a few clicks away (btw, can anyone loan me the limited edition Tiger 1 DAK for exhibition?).

Please help to support this event and this industry (besides buying the kits :-)) .
If you have any suggestion or comments, please voice them here in this forum.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 06:44 PM UTC
... it's a very interesting proposition kenny. can you elaborate more on the details? ....i might be able to finish 2 or 3 models by december.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 07:15 PM UTC
I am now waiting to get a consent letter from the organizers. Once the letter is issued, Plastic Modellers will provide the floor plan and display tables. For Armorama, I would need to know how many models are we getting for display so that I can reserve the tables.

Instead of just displaying models, I have a few ideas in mind. We can have a few sections with specific themes. Below are few themes we can start to work with.

1. General - everything including diorama
2. WW II - everything in WW II
3. German Tanks - from Pzh I to King Tiger
4. Modern armours
5. Trailers
6. NAM in action - everything in Vietnam
7. Star Trek and Star Wars - hopefully the trekkie fans are out there
8. Concord - supersonic civillian flight
9. Armoured guns - Karl's, Leopold etc.
10. F1 fever - F1 cars 1/20th and 1/24th scale

For example, in the Armoured Guns section, there are few Leopolds out there I can loan. I even have a short video Leopold firing. For the Concord section, I can get my hands on a Concord and do some minor write-up with lots of pics.

I have a personal interest in in German Tanks. However, I have a built Pzh II only. I am looking for Pzh I, III, Tiger, King Tiger and Panther (not to mention the Jagd variants also). Well, the idea here is to keep everything within a group such that historical background is appreciated.

OK now, can we build a list completed models so that we can work-out a few themes for the exhibition?
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 05:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

3. German Tanks - from Pzh I to King Tiger
OK now, can we build a list completed models so that we can work-out a few themes for the exhibition?

i have these panzer kits in-progress (...god knows since when!) and hopefully i can finish at least two by dec.
-pz.1 DAK
-pz.3 K
-pz.4 H
-pz.5 panther G
-pz.6 tiger I tiger II
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 06:01 PM UTC
ok i can finish the academy tiger I with interior, so if anyone can bring along a completed tiger I we can put them side by side.

kenny, how's the consent letter.. got aa?
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 08:52 PM UTC
To date, I have received overwelming response from KL modellers. Together with Armorama - Malaysia members, I now have 91 kits for display. The themes which have good supports are: -

1. German Tanks - Pzh 1 - Pzh7 (obtained complete collection)
2. M113 and its variants
3. F-14 Tomcats
4. Sci-Fi
5. German Flaks
6. Trailers and Haulers
7. Modern armors
8. Dioramas

However, I still looking for Armorama Malaysia members support. So, please help and list down here your completed models available for display. It doesn't need to be museum quality!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 03:54 AM UTC
As a suggestion Argrillion I think you may have to call up the individuals concerned and speak to them personally. The Kg. Baru outfit may also be able to loan some of their work as they use to have a large number of models in their old shop. Talk to Hilmi who I believe is a member here but unfortunately not an active one. If you need is H/P drop me a line.

Although its a bit early to confirm but I may be able to help you out with a dio or vignette.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 03:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....Together with Armorama - Malaysia members, I now have 91 kits for display...

91 kits... OMG do we have enough space for them all?

... to promote our group, perhaps we can have some sort of banner, or simply A3 size cards that say 'armorama' or 'kakimodel' to be put on/near the display tables. maybe someone can do the graphics/logo for KakiModel?
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 12:48 PM UTC
Modellers:

The news is out that the 3-4 DEC 2005 exhibition in Mid-Valley Exhibition Centre is on. Together with Scale Plastic Modellers, Armorama will have its display table and workshop table for the exhibition. Therefore, we are looking for Armorama members' support for: -

1. Manning the display tables (2 man/shift)
2. Working on kits on the workshop table (2 man/shift)
3. Providing public advice and talks (1 man/shift)

Since the event is held from 1000hr to 2200hr, there should be 3-shifts (4hr each). Please provide your name to me ASAP as I would need to submit to the organizers (Toyz-In-Motion) for Organizer's Entrance Pass.

Unfortunately, there is a entrance fee planned at the moment. Since this is an invitation extended to Armorama, we will not comment on this issue as the display area and tables are provided FOC.

Besides the exhibition, we are also interested in having public talks on scale modelling. We can start with basics modelling skills up to figure paintings. Thus, if you know of any modelller who can contribute their time to this event, please have a word with them and let me know. We need these talks to attract the crowd.

The success of this DEC exhibition is important for Scale Plastic Modellers and Armorama. Our show needs to be crowd puller to get the interest of our potential sponsors. With these sponsors, we will be able to organize competitions and trade shows in 2006. Hopefully then Trumpeter will recognize us in Malaysia as another centre of scale modellers.

BTW, Scale Plastic Modellers is also organizing community modelling for kids. If there is any Armorama members who has a few hours to spare on Saturdays beginning 1000hr, please let me know. The 2nd modelling camp is now planned for 26 NOV 2005. Anyone can help???
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 01:15 PM UTC
hi kenny. i can take the first shifts on the workshop table... might as well clear some of my unfinished kits in the stash ... .... the four-hour time won't be so long if i have something to do.... anyway, are we allowed to do airbrush work in there?

when can we bring in the models...?

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 02:02 PM UTC
Kenny,

first of all, i would like to congratulate you on your effort to get this done. I think this was my personel thought years back to have something like this being organised locally. Thumbs up bro... and i would love to contribute. Pls let me know what we can do.
But (there's alywas a but)... i wont be available on that time.. just got words that i'm having my exam the day before and the next morning... while i think i can make it on the weekend, suddenly i got letter just now saying that the department is organising a small workshop for the candidates of the exam.. too bad..i curse my self that i wont be around at that day... i always dream of going to this sort of event......

so blame it on the rain once again.......... sorry Kenny.... but as a modeller, you have my full support on this.

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 02:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hi kenny. i can take the first shifts on the workshop table... might as well clear some of my unfinished kits in the stash ... .... the four-hour time won't be so long if i have something to do.... anyway, are we allowed to do airbrush work in there?

when can we bring in the models...?

If you got airbursh, by all means bring it on just as long as we don't fumigate the hall with pesticide. Ha! Ha! Ha! I will find out from the organizers but i would expect the models for display should be in the hall by early SAT or late Friday.

So Shairon, do I have your support to do some airbrush demo?

Quoted Text

Pls let me know what we can do.

Boss Sil, if you could spread the word among members that would be much help. I still need members to man the display and demo booths.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 03:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....Scale Plastic Modellers is also organizing community modelling for kids. If there is any Armorama members who has a few hours to spare on Saturdays beginning 1000hr, please let me know. The 2nd modelling camp is now planned for 26 NOV 2005. Anyone can help???

... saw the pics in the Scale Plastic Modellers forum... interesting....

is it a weekly event? where exactly was it held? might drop by for a while, but not this weekend or the next... perhaps after this gamecon...
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 03:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

.... mmm okey ... though i'm not really an expert on the finer points of airbrushing techniques... what the heck, i'll do it.... as long as i don't have to give any speeches.. ha ha... but i don't have a spray booth.... how aa?
Target_J
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 145 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 03:32 PM UTC
I won't be available on the 3rd (company commitment for a fund raising event in Mont Kiara). I'll be able to take the 1st shift on Sunday.

For the models on display, is there someone in charge of them? I'm loaning a few built kits from my friends and will be in really big trouble if they are damaged. How are we supposed to arrange for the kits to be sent there for display?
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 04:24 PM UTC
A very good move I should say....too bad I have used up all my annual leave, not to mention that I'm sooo far up the country. Otherwise I can contribute to this Awareness campaign, at least by manning the booth!
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 04:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... saw the pics in the Scale Plastic Modellers forum... interesting....

is it a weekly event? where exactly was it held? might drop by for a while, but not this weekend or the next... perhaps after this gamecon...

The kids modelling camp is only organized for this school holidays. Depending on the community crowd, we may have it every SAT morning. And also depend on which community, the venue of the camp is subject to change.

For the next camp, we will be at Sunway PJ. Desaria community has extended their invitation to us for this SAT 26 NOV 2005 900hr.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 04:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

.... mmm okey ... though i'm not really an expert on the finer points of airbrushing techniques... what the heck, i'll do it.... as long as i don't have to give any speeches.. ha ha... but i don't have a spray booth.... how aa?

Thanks Shairon for your support. Instead of speaches, you my to explain the visitors what are you spraying besides pesticides. For the spray booth, we will think of something.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 05:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I won't be available on the 3rd (company commitment for a fund raising event in Mont Kiara). I'll be able to take the 1st shift on Sunday.

For the models on display, is there someone in charge of them? I'm loaning a few built kits from my friends and will be in really big trouble if they are damaged. How are we supposed to arrange for the kits to be sent there for display?

Jeremy,

Can you check out whether Mont Kiara has community for scale modelling? I understand there is one for Star Trek.

For display models, there will be modellers (like myself) looking after the models. We are now in discussion to shift the models into Miniature Hobby for safekeeping.

BTW, thanks for your support. Do you have anything to work on the workbench table?

Quoted Text

A very good move I should say....too bad I have used up all my annual leave, not to mention that I'm sooo far up the country. Otherwise I can contribute to this Awareness campaign, at least by manning the booth!

Hairil, are you sure you can't make it to the event? The event is on the weekend.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 07:45 PM UTC
.... if we have a laptop and an internet connection in the hall (have to ask the organiser for this?) , then we can introduce the visitors to our armorama website... they can browse for info, reviews, pics etc and most importantly they'll know that a local modelling community is still much active.

...the whole point here is to make more people aware of our hobby..
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 08:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

.... if we have a laptop and an internet connection in the hall (have to ask the organiser for this?) , then we can introduce the visitors to our armorama website... they can browse for info, reviews, pics etc and most importantly they'll know that a local modelling community is still much active.

...the whole point here is to make more people aware of our hobby..

Good idea Jimbo but ....

The event is organized by Toyz-In-Motion together with their sponsor. The organizers request that we do not promote any entity besides the organizers' names. Therefore, we can only do it verbally. Sorry. Therefore, we hope that the workbench will attract lots of visitors.
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 08:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hairil, are you sure you can't make it to the event? The event is on the weekend.

sorry ag, the weekend in Kedah (and Kelantan and Terengganu for that matter) is different from the rest of the country!
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 09:09 PM UTC
Ooops! I forgot. Lousy mistake especially when I have worked in Kulim few years back ago. Sorry!
Target_J
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 145 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 09:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you have anything to work on the workbench table?

Since i am working on other people's models i think it's better not to. I have lost many parts before so wouldnt want this to happen to someone else's kit.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 09:24 PM UTC
So the organizers policy is clear now that they didnt want promotion of other entity...
i always thought of having a flyers or maybe a small print out about this site and put them in all LHS...and i think if we prepare the flyers and distribute them will bring no harm..or it will....

i have also design simple flyers that i plan to show during future SnT... they're in my home lousy laptop... nanti biler free i uploaded to armorama......

_GOTOTOP