_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Euromilitaire 2005
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 07:24 AM UTC
I've just got back from overseas, were I spent a week with MIG (Miguel Jemenez) in Spain learning all that I could from him and an American by the name of Adam Wilder. Both of which are superb world class modellers.
We met in Engalnd and traveled down in a car to Euromilitaire

This (Euromilitaire) is what I wanted to talk about when I have more time. So I will follow up with a more detailed report soon!

All that I can say for the moment is that the many diorama's and models that I saw that have been featured in many modellers magazines (like Tamiya), are 1000 times better in real life :-) . They loose so much detail and quality in magazines. This I suppose is the normal process when anything gets photographed and goes through all the various stages of the printing process.

Anyway it was realy fantastic and you cannot believe as to how the very top modellers are treated like top pop stars by everyone!

What is realy nice is that none of them that I met had a big head about it and were all rather humble.

Miguel is extremely popular and it is very difficult to get near him during the show (and after hours) as he is just swamped by people all the time, and they never want to let him go.

Anyway a great party was had by all . Oh BTW Marjin Van Gils won best of show again with his vignette of two WW1 British balloners jumping out of their ballon basket in a real hurry.

Mig won a gold for his "We need that turret!" diaroma

More later - Cheers,

Matthew :-)
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hi Matthew

Sounds like you had a jol. I'm really jealous. :-) :-)

So.... when are you planning to grace us Capies with your presense and that demo? :-) :-)

Rudi
 _GOTOTOP