_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Worrying trend for Model shows
Sandy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 628 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 06:37 AM UTC
Hi All I have just read the reason for the cancelation of the Scotish Glasgow Model show in Oct . The local council want a market traders liscence fee paid up front , all the organisers vetted by the police . This has to be carried out well in advance before the show could go ahead . This is a very worring time for all club organisers and needs to be checked out . If applied across the country it could mean the end of our local model shows and national shows. This is one law we do not want coming south . Your thoughts on this and the effect on not only our hobby but all public shows be it model trains , flying model radio aircraft or ships displays . Not a very happy bunny . Ian Sadler
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 08:23 AM UTC
What????

Oh, what a lovingly PC thing our country is becoming... It's rapidly catching up with the old Soviet Bloc. (oh b*gger... I didn't say that)
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 11:36 AM UTC
What are they going to 'vet' when they ' vet ' organisors or participants? That my Tiger has it's 88 mm gun properly disabled? Don't they have criminals to catch?
It really makes you wonder what they will come up with next. It's bad enough that you can't twat a burglar over the head when he breaks into your house, lest you find yourself prosecuted for GBH by the police.......and sued by the for his 'loss of earnings' whilst he is in hospital.... Now they try to stop you from having fun, harmless fun that is..

I think we should all do as the government wants us to, and take full opportunity of the new 24 drink license which will soon be upon us. And then when we are all suitably tanked up, we will have a rampage through the town centre, which is undoubtetly what the government wants...

I really wonder where we are going sometimes, I really do...

Sorry to take this slightly , but it all fits together to closely..

Henk
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 12:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What are they going to 'vet' when they ' vet ' organisors or participants? That my Tiger has it's 88 mm gun properly disabled? Don't they have criminals to catch?
It really makes you wonder what they will come up with next. It's bad enough that you can't twat a burglar over the head when he breaks into your house, lest you find yourself prosecuted for GBH by the police.......and sued by the for his 'loss of earnings' whilst he is in hospital.... Now they try to stop you from having fun, harmless fun that is..

I think we should all do as the government wants us to, and take full opportunity of the new 24 drink license which will soon be upon us. And then when we are all suitably tanked up, we will have a rampage through the town centre, which is undoubtetly what the government wants...

I really wonder where we are going sometimes, I really do...

Sorry to take this slightly , but it all fits together to closely..

Henk

Henk, old bean, we really need to set up another couple of Government/Local Council Agencies/QUANGOs paying somebody about five times what I earn and having full control over our Salaries/Families/Thoughts to MAKE SURE that this idea that you can just go and build a 1/35th scale replica of an actual WEAPON!!!! is JUST NOT ON!!!

Do you have any idea just how much damage an individual can cause to our beloved "multicultural Society" just by buying such a 1/35th scale item? Somebody might SEE IT! This is a scale replica of a WEAPON we're talking about! No, don't worry about any actual real ones, they are a LONG way away from us... They wouldn't use weapons against us, we support their cause for Pete's sake...

You are encouraging our poor liddle kiddie winkies to think that the world doesn't owe them a living!! It's not ON... OKAY?? 'Cos WE say so!!! And you will toe the line 'cos we know who you are.

Actually... I'll just kill this thread off right now!

Oh b*gger!

Sorry, I didn't really mean "KILL" this thread , I meant... Oh b*ggeritall!

RSM! Sort this out old chap!

Oh b*gger! sorry! I'm not saying that we're not happy with it all at all... We love it really. Honest Guv, us yins luv it! We really love it…

Ohb*gger!Don’topenthedoor!!!
 _GOTOTOP