_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
painting Tree log for Russian tank ?
pionner
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 02:32 PM UTC
Hi, I noticed some Russian armor comes with tree log and as explain, because of the winter there, their vehicle always got stuck and these tree log comes in really helpful.

I have about 5 tree log but I never painted before. Any of you guys out there know what is the color I should use for :

- Summer and
- winter

chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:14 PM UTC
Well I am just guessing here because logging is big in Wisconsin, summer and winter. When the log trucks would go past my grandparents house in the summer and winter, it didn't really matter because the logs looked the same. Brown on the outside and pale white on the inside. Now if they have been on the tank for a long time the bark would probably stay brown but the inside would become a grey rotted color (summer) and probably stay a light tannish color (winter). I don't know if this helps, hopefully someone with more expirience in logging will help me out.

~Chip
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
entire network: 3,377 Posts
KitMaker Network: 925 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 10:14 PM UTC
I normally take a walk in the garden - find a natural piece of wood and use that unpainted but washed - nothing beats natures own ...

bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
entire network: 471 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 02:57 AM UTC
I agree with Mr.Mox. GO search your local park or woods, grab a handful of branches twigs etc and pick out something that looks right. Cause that is exactly the way the tankers would have done it, just hacked it out of the bush they were driving through.
 _GOTOTOP