_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Aztek airbrush nozzles
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 12:07 AM UTC
Hey there Bob,

To get the thinner lines I do thin my paint a little more than normal, normal Tamiya thinning is 50/50 paint to thinner, to make the thinner lines, I will mix the paint about 40/60 paint to thinniner, sometime 30/70 depending on how old the paint is........yes...how old it is...usually the older it gets the thicker it gets....so you need to thin it a little more than normal.

I am not sure what you mean by the nozzel seal....I have the 4709 Aztek and the nozzels don't have a seal on them at all....when you screw them in, they seal the AB off pretty good on their own.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 04:54 AM UTC
Thanks for the thinning ratio..
That "seal" is the light grey seal the origonal tips in the kit come with...
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 03:19 PM UTC
Well....when I bought my Aztek...there were no nozzel seals....and the airbrush works fine, so if I am supposed to have them...I don't miss them. Mine is the Aztek 4709.....maybe Aztek's other line that takes the other nozzels may be different....but none of mine, nor any I have bought come with them.

I don't think the new Azteks come with them in the box either....I seem to remember playing around with one at the LHS and they didn't have any seals either.
sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
entire network: 761 Posts
KitMaker Network: 262 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 03:48 AM UTC
I've got six of my original Aztecs ,which some go back to '95, and never had a problem with any. I've thrown away 1 nozzle since.
The thing I learned about airbrushing that I never see mentioned here much if at all is straining paint. I always strain my paint even before I dilute it. Works everytime.
lapulid2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 28 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 02:39 AM UTC
Arnold,
Just curious, whats your straining method? i heard old pair of pantyhose earlier. thanks!
 _GOTOTOP