_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
fixing figures to diorama
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 03:22 AM UTC
First off,thanks to all who have helped me out with different queries since i joined the big A a month ago or so.I have a wooden base for my dio,and have glued a Kancali paving section on top of it.My question is what is the best way to attach the figures SECURELY to the base?I don't want to ruin the dio at all!The simple fact of the matter is that i may have to end up heading back to N.Z one day and don't want any damage at all.
The second being the chances are high that my wife could throw it away if i spend more time on the dio than with her :-) :-)
All jokes aside,any help as always will be grateful.
Cheers guys!!
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 03:41 AM UTC
I put a brass pin into the heal of the fig, drill a hole in the base, then insert the pin into the hold with a little bit of PVA glue. Never had one come off. Dont make the pin too short, or too long that it sticks through the bottom of the base!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 04:03 AM UTC
What John just said, though I use superglue. As to the brass rod, too long is better than too short. You can always shorten it or file off the excess, but you can't make it longer and pulling it out could break the leg of your figure.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 04:15 AM UTC
All great suggestions above. Another alternative is a drop of steel epoxy under either or both of the boots...

_GOTOTOP