Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Wade House 9/24/2005 (American Civil War)
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 11:22 AM UTC
Here are a few pics from Saturday's battle at Wade House near Sheboygan, Wisc.
I've only put a few photos in an album in my gallery, I focued on a few of the mounted units year for my reference photos (LOL)...

TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 11:24 AM UTC
awesome, someday i gotta start doin civil war reenactments... i went to gettysburg over the summer, and it was sooo awesome.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 12:14 PM UTC
Nice photos, I take it that this is some sort of annual event out your way?
DD-393
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 97 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 10:58 PM UTC
Hi All:

Nice job on the photos as always, Nathan. I was there for the weekend. I was the guy in blue. Well, one of them, anyway. This year the focus was towards a full operating field hospital that was up and running during and after the battle scenario. The battle scenario consisted of a Union assault uphill against rebel rifle pits. We cleared the pits of the rebel foe, then were grudgingly driven back by superior numbers.

The hospital scenario was quite authentic and effective. Yes, it's graphic, but that's how the aftermath of a battle was. There's too much of the John Wayne style stuff where the hero dies a brave death with his face towards the foe, with a little red hole in his breast. Actually, death was a whole lot nastier than that. Within reason (can't actually amputate a leg, you know) the field hospital was well done. There were even a couple of horse drawn wagons hauling wounded and dead off the field.

Sunday's activities were cancelled due to lightning.

Best regards:
Charlie