_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Colorado Model Show
oldstl1000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 83 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 04:51 PM UTC
Is there anyone else that is going to be at the model show at the Ranch?

I would like to meet up with fellow members of Armorama.

Later,

John

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 01:17 PM UTC
When and where? I haven't heard of it, but I'm always ready to spend more money.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 03:09 PM UTC
You mean Sept 30 and Oct 1? I'm planning on going, and I hope Matt, Red4, is also. If that's not the one which one do you mean?

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 07:29 PM UTC
Darn. Just did a Google search and discovered it's in Ft. Collins, where my old company is located on Laporte. (Soon to be site of the BRDM-2 we liberated from Afghanistan) I guess it's a case of bad timing as I just drive by there last weekend on the way back from Camp Guernsey...
oldstl1000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 06:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You mean Sept 30 and Oct 1? I'm planning on going, and I hope Matt, Red4, is also. If that's not the one which one do you mean?

That is correct. I saw the advertisement in Fine Scale Modeler. I have never been to a model show before. I always see the pictures in Fine Scale Model though, they are awesome pics.

I should have something worthy enough to enter nextime.

Later

John

P.S. - Is there anyone showing their models?

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 03:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That is correct. I saw the advertisement in Fine Scale Modeler. I have never been to a model show before. I always see the pictures in Fine Scale Model though, they are awesome pics.

I should have something worthy enough to enter nextime.

Later

John

P.S. - Is there anyone showing their models?

I know Matt is bringing a 1/76 Bradley. Only thing I have is a 1/35 Jumbo all rusted out in a small dio. My picture is in my profile if you want to look for me. I plan on wearing a USS Kentucky ball cap I won in the Dive, Dive, Dive campaign. Look for me and introduce yourself.

oldstl1000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 02:25 AM UTC
I will keep an eye out for the hat. I am not sure what I am going to wear. I hope my wife can come. I want her to get somewhat envolved.

If anyone else is going let us know. I would like to me fellower Armorama citizens.

Later,

John

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 05:51 AM UTC
John, sorry I missed you at the show, I didn't check this thread before I left for the show or I would have had you paged. Hope you enjoyed the show. Next years is in Albuquerque. "Q"
oldstl1000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

John, sorry I missed you at the show, I didn't check this thread before I left for the show or I would have had you paged. Hope you enjoyed the show. Next years is in Albuquerque. "Q"

No worries. My wife and I went to the show and were some what dissapointed. We paid our general admission fees and went in. To our suprise, all of the models were roped off. We did not see any signs that indicated why this was. We found a spot that looked like an entrance to view the models up close (we thought that there was an entrance and a exit to keep things nice and neat) and were notified that there was judging going on and we were not allowed in the area. I apologized to the person and Jen and I went to the vendors. I picked up some great deals. I go a M5, a Walker Bulldog (both Tamiya) for $12 and then three completed models (they need slight restoration to be show-worthy) for $10. I was happy about that, I wished I had a lot more money. There were kits there that I would have loved to buy and have been longing for. Anyhow, I know the judges had a job to do, but there was no real indication of the judging that was going on and my wife and I were on a time crunch. This was my first model show and will not be my last, I plan on attending many more in the future.

oldstl1000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 03:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I plan on be on being there.

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 04:21 AM UTC
Sorry we didn't link up John. Matt and some others got there Friday, but I didn't drive up until Saturday morning. I got there about 9:00, stayed until about 12:00, went to lunch, took a nap, and came back about 2:00. Since they were judging at that time I walked around and checked out the vendors. I picked up a couple deals, including 30% off a Italeri hard top Duce and a Half I've been wanting for about 2 years.

I agree that they could have made it a bit more clear on why the tables were roped off. I also think possibly they could have tried to open up certain areas after the judging was over. For example it seemed the aircraft was taking the longest time to be judged, which makes sense since I think there was more of them. If they could have opened up the ships, figures, junior areas, so people could look at them while they were judging the aircraft, that might have helped.

What does your wife look like? There were relatively few women there so I might have noticed her while you were just a face in the crowd.

_GOTOTOP