Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
Marines stationed at the MCAS, Cherry Point
SargeUSMC
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 09:22 AM UTC
Past and present, come one come all and post in this thread with your stories.

I was there from 77 to 79, assigned to MWCS-28 as a dirt radio repairman. When I reported for duty, the squadron was out on float, and I had 3 96's in the first 5 weeks aboard!

Got to E-5 there before I was discharged, but it was a dismal NCO billet because I was surrounded by SNCO's, so I had a lot of the same duties I had when I was an E-3.

Hope to meet some fellow Marines who served there.
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 06:08 PM UTC
Was stationed there from 85-89 as an Aviation Ordnanceman.

Arrived as a PFC a CPL. Was attached to what was then MAG-32 at H&MS32. Building frags for the Harriers and A-4's of the MAG.

When I was there there was also MAG-14 which had A-6's and C-130's and if I remember right some F-4's as well. I do know they were there all the time anyway.

Our shop was way out at the end of the flight line and in the flight path of all those beautiful aerodynamic wonders, but it made for a loud day.
SargeUSMC
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 04:50 AM UTC
A fellow "winger!" Semper Fi, mac!

No stories? How much time did you spend at Morehead City? Man, I was there as often as I could be.

I had to volunteer for Sgt of the Guard, so I could get a chance to shoot the pistol for score and match my badges up. They wouldn't let me do it otherwise...so I volunteered...shot expert....and then did my last 4 mos on active duty doing day on, 2 days off...and I was AT THE BEECH BABY!

Loved that place.

Gotta love them suthern gurls....