_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Let's share our compressor photo!!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:07 PM UTC
Yo Malaysian...

just want to know what type of compressor that you guys used..
please share them with us here

well this is mine

dont know what type of compressor is this when i bought it. But according to my knowledge, it's rotary compressor type...
no specification sheets and what so ever details were attached when i beli. and i was told it was made in china..

the picture was taken when the cover was open...the cover is rivetted to the body so i have to drill the rivet heads...
as u all already know, my compressor was leaking..
that's is the part labelled as E in the photo..although the cracked part is not shown in the photo, but it was at the back of part E...the spring is some sort of pressure mechanism that will cut off power when the pressure inside the tank exceeded the setting pressure. Thus, it's called pressure switch...in more broad scope or industrial standard, this is called pressure relief valve or pressure control valve although both the later were a lot more complex in their design and setup. I konda fedap with my compressor. Yesterday it's still bocor. I tampal again with filler....
hopefully the filler will stop the leak . so many amounts of filler are used ..i takut the back of it will end up with something that look like a mountain of grey substances that cover the part..

the photo also shown when all the fittings were taken off such as the pressure regulator, and of course my precious Aztek and Tamiya SF airbrush and some other basic fitting (hose , etc,,etc)

so let see your compressor..

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:11 PM UTC
..... i'll try to post the pics of my comprssr tomorrow. btw, boss, how long since you buy your cmprssor aa?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

..... i'll try to post the pics of my comprssr tomorrow. btw, boss, how long since you buy your cmprssor aa?

the compressor is bought if not mistaken somewhere in 2001.
B4 that i used another cheap compressor that i borrow from someone...

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:42 PM UTC
Sil,

The compressor you have there is designed and built by a Malaysian modeller. Please send your compressor to MH, and they will contact the supplier to provide you the parts. I think this is fatest way you can get your compressor back working.

If you like go around sourcing for the part yourself, it is a pressure switch which easily found in Malaysia. Most of these switches comes from Taiwan. But you might have pay a certain amount for buying one unit only. Why not give MH a call? HHQ also have the contact. Unfortunately, I don't have the contact. I am using diaphagm type compressor from Badger (close to 20 years now). Still going strong ... with maintenance done recently.

The compressor you have there is a screw type which is mostly use in compressing refrigerant. Try not to dismantle your fridge compressor if need one, eeh!

The two springs plus another screw beside them on the pressure switch controls the start-stop of the compressor. If I am not wrong, the differential membrane next the spring screws is damaged. What pressure do you operate Sil? Anyway, wear and tear on the pressure switch is common.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 03:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sil,

The compressor you have there is designed and built by a Malaysian modeller. Please send your compressor to MH, and they will contact the supplier to provide you the parts. I think this is fatest way you can get your compressor back working.

If you like go around sourcing for the part yourself, it is a pressure switch which easily found in Malaysia. Most of these switches comes from Taiwan. But you might have pay a certain amount for buying one unit only. Why not give MH a call? HHQ also have the contact. Unfortunately, I don't have the contact. I am using diaphagm type compressor from Badger (close to 20 years now). Still going strong ... with maintenance done recently.

The compressor you have there is a screw type which is mostly use in compressing refrigerant. Try not to dismantle your fridge compressor if need one, eeh!

The two springs plus another screw beside them on the pressure switch controls the start-stop of the compressor. If I am not wrong, the differential membrane next the spring screws is damaged. What pressure do you operate Sil? Anyway, wear and tear on the pressure switch is common.

Kenny,
what..that's what i called information...
the compressor was bought from Bran Ryan...but i think it's similar like the MH sold..
wa..would love to see your badger compressor..
the damaged part was not the membrane..it's some sort of plate/disc at the back of the membrane....and it's made of plastic...
i've seen the part at spare parts shop..they all made from metal. But the one that i have is design to be used for water pump... the one for compressor have another fitting/join but mine has only one outlet fitting...this confused me and the tauke... some of the shop do carry the water pump switch but all of them were imported from Italy and Germany...and u guess la the price.... damn!!!
maybe something from taiwan or china is less expensive.!
anyway kenny, thanks for the info...my pocket kinda kering this time of month....and i dont know how much do they charge if i take the compressor to them... and i cannot afford to loose it either..and i have lots of project now...so another dilemma here...

enough said, kenny esok pls post ur compressor photo here
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 07:03 PM UTC
I don't think I will be able to take picture of my compressor tonight. So, I just went over to Badger website for my compressor photo. My compressor color is different plus there quite a bit of paint chips on this 20 year old machine.

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 07:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't think I will be able to take picture of my compressor tonight. So, I just went over to Badger website for my compressor photo. My compressor color is different plus there quite a bit of paint chips on this 20 year old machine.

woaoaoaoa..that's look expansive

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 12:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

.....My compressor color is different plus there quite a bit of paint chips on this 20 year old machine.

...wow... you compressor is 20 years old aa? so amazing... and it's even still works... what did you do? service it every 2 years?
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 01:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

.....My compressor color is different plus there quite a bit of paint chips on this 20 year old machine.

...wow... you compressor is 20 years old aa? so amazing... and it's even still works... what did you do? service it every 2 years?

Badger (or Thompson) compressors are reputable compressors in gas generators. Fortunately, I got my compressor for RM400/= from Venus Art (Jalan Petaling). One might consider this compressor cheap but 20 years ago, I had to miss a lot of canteen food (not I that I really like it then) to buy this compressor.

Badger diaphagm compressors are almost maintenance free. The only part that needs to be taken care is the diaphagm. I make my own diaphagm for spares. This year I changed the radial bearing as the silent compressor function was becoming unbearable. Other than that, it is a good simple compressor and I am happy to have it as my model companion. Ooops! And my wife also.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 08:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Badger (or Thompson) compressors are reputable compressors in gas generators. Fortunately, I got my compressor for RM400/= from Venus Art (Jalan Petaling). One might consider this compressor cheap but 20 years ago, I had to miss a lot of canteen food (not I that I really like it then) to buy this compressor.

Badger diaphagm compressors are almost maintenance free. The only part that needs to be taken care is the diaphagm. I make my own diaphagm for spares. This year I changed the radial bearing as the silent compressor function was becoming unbearable. Other than that, it is a good simple compressor and I am happy to have it as my model companion. Ooops! And my wife also.

wow..20 years ago...i still go to school wearing short pants...herk..herk

Kenny, i'm rather confius la...are u saying u're a machinest also??

seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 01:46 PM UTC
Hello all,

Here is mine

sllim

edited by Silantra
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
Alamak, cam na masukkan gambar ??

sllim

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 02:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Alamak, cam na masukkan gambar ??
sllim

let me help you there

btw your green compressor looks like my old one la.. did you bought it at HHQ? ...and you have three sprayguns?

...looking at your gallery... the t34 looks awesome! can you post it in the armor forum and tell us how you did the paint chips & whitewash?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 02:48 PM UTC
Lim,

nice compressor..the Tamiya set was my original intention back then..i got it from Japan for Rm90 (i kirim from a friend)..but somehow i sold it...never use it because when my friend get back from Japan, i already bought mine... he use to work on LNG ship and took almost 6 months to get to me....hehe

seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 03:19 PM UTC
Hello Mojimbo,

I also have the Tamiya airbrush that came with the Tamiya compressor. It was under going cleaning when i took the pic.
The green compressor i beli kat Singapore (MM Singapore punya branch).
The middle spray is my very 1st airbrush (it uses properlant cans).Now it is good for use to spray clear coats as it is very easy to dismantle and clean. The Badger is good for small areas as it uses a small colour cup.
Thanks for the comments on the t-34. Actually i am not satisfied with the paint chips as i have tried to copy the technique from a magazine and it was nowhere close..kakaka...

sllim
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 05:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Almost like a machinest! Just completed repair works on a N2 piston compressor and now dismantling a gas oxidation reactor. Sounds more like a foreman huh!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 08:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Almost like a machinest! Just completed repair works on a N2 piston compressor and now dismantling a gas oxidation reactor. Sounds more like a foreman huh!

wa..what sort of machine do u have?? a lathe machine? with CnC?? hmm...this is interesting
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 08:44 PM UTC
here's mine..

had it for almost 2 years now.. i think....

bought it from HHQ for 450, and the spraygun i got it for 150 from an art shop.... ha ha ha...

ta ta
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 08:49 PM UTC
jimbo..
u got the same type as our friend beachbum

i think mine is the weird compressor than any of you guys
Shahrid
Visit this Community
Damansara, Malaysia
entire network: 116 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 08:18 PM UTC
Hi moJimbo .......
Your compressor is just like mine.
I also bought it from Hobby HQ at City Square Centre.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi moJimbo .......
Your compressor is just like mine.
I also bought it from Hobby HQ at City Square Centre.

...hmm.... seems you hang around HHQ/MH quite often la... perhaps we bumped to each other a few times without knowing....
anyway, do you remember how much you pay for the cmpressor?
Defender
Visit this Community
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
entire network: 39 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 08:56 AM UTC
I had the same compressor as mojimbo. But I found it was difficult to control the pressure and that it had no tank.

So I bought a 2HP semi industrial one with a huge tank and a regulator with water trap. So, it uses 2 regulators now.

Used it for only 3 weeks but I think its the best so far in my inventory of compressors.
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 10:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had the same compressor as mojimbo. But I found it was difficult to control the pressure and that it had no tank.

So I bought a 2HP semi industrial one with a huge tank and a regulator with water trap. So, it uses 2 regulators now.

Used it for only 3 weeks but I think its the best so far in my inventory of compressors.

Wah, 2 horsepower one ar? even aircon not so powerful!!...itu you buy from car painting shop ,is it?
Defender
Visit this Community
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
entire network: 39 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 08:29 AM UTC
Naah.. normal hardware shop can buy wan. But water trap buy from Singapore, where they sell airbrushes.

I have a Badger 155 and a Pasache (i think that's how they are spelled) and I bought another cheaper Taiwan made one which can go down to 0.2mm, thats really fine. So fine when I do camo, I cannot find where I had sprayed :-)
 _GOTOTOP