_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
PE AA MG sights
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 07:17 PM UTC
anyone knows where to find 1/35 PE machinegun (mg34 or mg42) AA sights? do our LHSs have them?

thankx
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 07:32 PM UTC
I don't think our LHSs have then at 1/35th. They have quite a bit on 1/48th the last time I checked.

If you are really desperate for them, check-out the Tiger or King Tiger PE sets from Tamiya. They still available in certain Toycity outlets (maybe MH also). Besides getting the AA gunsights, you also get the mesh grills in the same PE sets.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 07:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you are really desperate for them, check-out the Tiger or King Tiger PE sets from Tamiya. They still available in certain Toycity outlets (maybe MH also). Besides getting the AA gunsights, you also get the mesh grills in the same PE sets.

no no no no.... i'm not 'desperate', really! :-)

..... anyway, thanks agrillion, i'll keep my eyes open for it.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 07:46 PM UTC
Ooops! You get two gun sights per PE sheet from Tamiya. At one time, I did try to make my own gun sights and later went crazy
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:20 PM UTC
I think i have a spare Tamiya AA sight. I'll try to lok for it in my spares stash.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:29 PM UTC
Mojimbo if you can post a pic on how it looks like and the approximate dimensions maybe I can try scratchbuilding it. Don't know if its possible given that my fingers are generally too coarse to do fine work. Argrillion maybe right about going crazy if its too small.

Meanwhile keep a look out for small springs from discarded watches as they're pretty fine and maybe modified to do the AA sight. Just a thought.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:40 PM UTC
Mojimbo, i have a spare too..normally tamiya PE grille set have 2 of those....
i also have unused KIng Tiger grille cover for SALE...

CK,
wa ..u want to scratcbuild the gunsight ?? that's so tiny bro...i wonder how are u going to do it.. wanna share your method??
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:51 PM UTC
... dudes, thanks for the replies. if anyone wants to sell, let me know.... but i want to use quite a few la, perhaps anyone knows any on-line shops that have them?

as for scratchbuilding it.... it's so tiny la.... look what happened to agrillion....he he he... and CK, thanks for the offer but theyr'e more complicated.... looks like i have to buy them somewhere...
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:53 PM UTC
Boss I'm not sure whether it can be scratchbuilt yet. I need to look at the dimensions and a pic on how it looks first. As Argrillion said you can go crazy fiddling with it.

My options would be fuse wire. Smallest thingy I've made with it is the strap clip for M16 rifle but that wasn't so difficult by comparison.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:09 PM UTC
Jimbo,

if not mistaken la..is my memory still good, i think a company from japan FineMolds ade buat accesories ... later i check it out for u..but to have the ideas, u can go to www.hlj.com
i wanna take my breakfast ...lapau plak

later bro

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:19 PM UTC
Crazy Arg thinks PE is a lot easier to deal with when installing gunsights.

They are very small Beachbum.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

.... At one time, I did try to make my own gun sights and later went crazy

....yo kenny... tell us the story on that?
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:46 PM UTC
Hello jimbo,

Hmm..I suppose you could make the sights on your own with fuse wires,springs, OR do what i did (albeit it doesnt look real at all!!). I punched out some disks from a clear plastic sheet, trim it till bout right, then i painted the cross hair on it. Round off with black trim .
BTW, i had uploaded some pics into my personal gallery. I am still fooling around with the digital camera. I will compose better pics next time n will take individual pics later.

sllim
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 10:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....yo kenny... tell us the story on that?

In those old days, PE doesn't exist for me. So, I sliced a disc from a plastic rod and slowly glued the vertical and horizontal grids (made out of fine wire) in place.

Took a few nights to get it done but I will never do it again after seeing Tamiya PE fret.

Quoted Text

BTW, i had uploaded some pics into my personal gallery. I am still fooling around with the digital camera.

I see that you have a 32nd scale Tomcat there. That's a big kit. Planning to build it soon?

I must commend on your handsome collection of RCs.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 12:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello jimbo,

Hmm..I suppose you could make the sights on your own with fuse wires,springs, OR do what i did (albeit it doesnt look real at all!!). I punched out some disks from a clear plastic sheet, trim it till bout right, then i painted the cross hair on it. Round off with black trim .
BTW, i had uploaded some pics into my personal gallery. I am still fooling around with the digital camera. I will compose better pics next time n will take individual pics later.

sllim

LIM,

this is just like a war zone...so busy ma!!
i dont know you;'re RC fan!!
this is an expansive collection Lim

besides the 1/32 tomcat, i also see some more big scale model.. just curious, are you going to convert the skyhawk into malaysian version??

sorry mojimbo, we hijacked your thread

seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 01:39 PM UTC
Hello Zaidi and Argrillion,

I haven't built the F-14 tomcat. Dunno where to put it once completed,same goes with the 1/24 spitfire. The collection you see is just half of my total collection. Another half of my stuffs are in my grandma's house.
As for the 1/32 skyhawk, i have built that one. It is an old kit from Hasegawa. Has got fit problems. Tamiya is still best (my opinion).
I gila about plastic modelling as well as RC. I like flying stuffs, thus the natural progress to RC helis and planes. Been collecting plastic models since standard 5 . This 2 hobby really sucks out all my money leh.
I will be building the resin pilots that comes with the 1/24 spitfire next.

sllim
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 01:33 PM UTC
Woah Lim! That's some very very serious hardware you have there. Your'e definitely going to need a much BIGGER storage space for your inventory.

Should get the Home Ministry to see your pic so she can see how much more kecil my stock is by comparison.

BTW Argrillion, Mojimbo you guys are right about the size of the AA sights. They are small though not entirely impossible to make if someone is crazy enough (hehheh).
 _GOTOTOP