Place your announcements here please.
LCM 3 On Sale
BobCard
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 06:11 AM UTC
I remember reading from another post (That I can't find now for some reason)someone who was interested in info about which LCM was better. This might just help;

1/35 tp347 WW II Navy LCM(3) Landing Craft
Trumpeter Models
From Great Models webstore
Retail Price: $64.95
Your Price: $38.95

Needless to say I already ordered mine.

LCM 3

Enjoy
Bob
LemonJello
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 06:57 AM UTC
If I wasn't banished from buying more kits, I'd be headed over there right now to get one! That is a steal for one of those kits, and it's one that has a lot of possibilities for so many dios and mods.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 07:19 AM UTC
I had the Trumpeter one given to me by the Nordland AMPS club for hosting one of my motor pool field trips. I know what Perth reports regarding the two kits, I'd go with whichever one I found cheapest (for me the free Trumpeter one).
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
Come on guys, you know you want one! I paid full price for mine and am happy with it. Getting it for half price will make you twice as happy. Heck, I might buy a second one at this price.
LemonJello
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 11:34 AM UTC
I have had similar experiences with certain items ordered through GM...but I also have had issues with several other online stores. I usually give them a couple months to fill the order and then I just email and tell them to kill it. No muss, no fuss. At this price, I would take a shot and see if it comes in, they don't charge ahead of time, so you're not really out anything.

But it doesn't hurt to be a little wary. Right?
daselim
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 08:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

CAVEAT EMPTOR

The only issue I have with the on-line store that is advertising this "sale" item is that they have done this in the past only to inform you after the order has been placed that it is on back order.

Wow, I must be luckier than most when dealing with GM. I've never had any issues with them, ever, and they were the first online shop I ever used. Still go back there occasionally and order, since they normally have decent prices.

I also order stuff from Squadron, Roll Models, SprueBrothers, Hannants, and HLJ, and have never had any issues either. Guess I'll take a moment to thank my lucky stars
 _GOTOTOP