_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Wonders in 1/72nd Scale
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 01:44 PM UTC
In the last SnT, modellers are wondering why I am downgrading to 1/72nd scale. Well, here is one possible reason.

50ton hauler

80ton hauler

In these two photos, you see a FAMO pulling either a 50ton or a 80ton Culemeyer trailer. At 1/72nd scale with a King Tiger or Jagdtiger on the trailer, the complete setup would cost less than RM200. Hmmm! I cannot imagine how much it would cost at 1/35th scale.

Target_J, take a look at the big guns. Jimbo, I now am thinking hard of getting the FAMO at 1/72nd.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 01:53 PM UTC
... interesting pics! are you going to scratchbuilt the trailer? what is it going to carry? the morser-karl? jagdtiger? which co. makes the famo 1/72?

on the pics, there seems a twin-mounting 88 guns.... what actually was it?

.... however nice it's going to be in 1/72, it will be even more impressive at 1/35! ha ha.. imagine that!
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 02:07 PM UTC
Jimbo check it out here

Trumpeter makes the FAMO, and I am sure those 88 guns would be available in 1/72nd scale soon. In the mean time, I might just want to stick with Dragon's Karl.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 02:16 PM UTC
Agrillion,

i see what your point is. It would be cost saving building smaller scale.. but i wonder if all of them are available in 1/72??
I undestand that Hasegawa do make some of rail guns ..but yang lelain i think u have to scratchbuild la ..
and to scratchbuild, as mentioned before , the recources are not easily available... and i think its more expensive in smaller scale production....

my 0.0002 cents
Target_J
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 145 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 03:01 PM UTC
Nice pics. My hesitation is that they would look very off-scale when i place them close to the regular 1/35 armors. Besides that, i think the details are not as good.

On the plus side, they do have very interesting kits not found in the 1/35 scale, especially the modern armors..notably the Russian / Soviet era armors.

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 04:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice pics. My hesitation is that they would look very off-scale when i place them close to the regular 1/35 armors. Besides that, i think the details are not as good.

On the plus side, they do have very interesting kits not found in the 1/35 scale, especially the modern armors..notably the Russian / Soviet era armors.

You are right about placing them beside 1/35th collection. Unfortunalety, we don't get a lot huge monsters / guns (like Dora) or trailers in 1/35th scale. They are so big that it just occupy space.

Hmm! If I did complete my Karl Morser with the two rail transporters, I would need to turn my apartment living hall into a museum. Going back to discuss with wife
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 04:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmm! If I did complete my Karl Morser with the two rail transporters, I would need to turn my apartment living hall into a museum. Going back to discuss with wife

... don't worry about that... my house have lots of space, you can put the karl morser there...free of charge!
:-) :-) :-)
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 04:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... don't worry about that... my house have lots of space, you can put the karl morser there...free of charge!
:-) :-) :-)

First, I must engage a security guard to keep small brats away otherwise my Karl Morser would rolling off-track. Hanturlah! Have fun guys - leaving for lunch!
 _GOTOTOP