_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
vallejo acrylics
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 09:43 PM UTC
hi there

do any of u guys use this??

i noticed that MH ada display color ni since a few years already..(elok lagi ke stok dia)...

i think i wanna try la color figure pakai this paint.. ade experience ?? especially from our new figire master, beachbum.. ??

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 09:46 PM UTC
.. never used it though a lot of overseas modellers use them. tapi kat MH not much left la... and i don't think they'll restock anytime soon....
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 10:04 PM UTC
wa jimbo..tak balik lagi ke?? hehe

that's true la..i also think Mh will never restock them again..

i think i nak try guna la ... fade up painting with oils
lkoky
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 62 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 05:11 AM UTC
quite good, can thin it with just water.

the only reason I am still using Tamiya is their range of premix NATO 3-scheme colors; else I will switch completely to vallejo.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:40 PM UTC
Not cheap to use this paint but the results are good. The common colors are not easily found here. I have even tried in Singapore. Best way to get Vallejo at the moment is by mail order while the Euro is weak.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not cheap to use this paint but the results are good. The common colors are not easily found here. I have even tried in Singapore. Best way to get Vallejo at the moment is by mail order while the Euro is weak.

wa..so hard to find aa??
any euro website u can recommend ??

i exchanged a few PM to our friend major goose (Costas) and he recommended this website www.coloradominiatures.com. The price is great. after ringgit conversion it's about RM9++ ..but the shipping cost dont know yet..if it's suck then we have to get somebody fly there to get them for us..haha

anyone going for Europe??
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:53 PM UTC
Sorry Boss, never tried Vallejo acrylics before but I've heard some good things about it. A bit expensive but good. I know MH had some Model Color as well. Bought one bottle from them and it was old but still good. Gives a lasting Matt finish. As for figure painting still jauh lagi to catch up to our local experts here.

Boss I've asked Mojimbo, Argrillion and Floogen for their help to keep an eye out for me for acrylic flat black. You wouldn't happen to have seen any around have you?
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....keep an eye out for me for acrylic flat black.

..try toycity outlets... i bought the small tamiya bottle in sunway pyramid about 2 weeks ago... really have to stock up on flat blacks & dark yellows...

anyone going to europe? can kirim or not aaa? he he....
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 01:14 PM UTC
Ahh! Thanks again Mojimbo. You and Argrillion are definitely life savers. Me and my models are indebted to you.

Will be going Sunway during the last week of the month for a conference. Black and white is like gold(not the paint) around here. BTW just curious on the change of your Avatar, Mojimbo?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 01:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry Boss, never tried Vallejo acrylics before but I've heard some good things about it. A bit expensive but good. I know MH had some Model Color as well. Bought one bottle from them and it was old but still good. Gives a lasting Matt finish. As for figure painting still jauh lagi to catch up to our local experts here.

Boss I've asked Mojimbo, Argrillion and Floogen for their help to keep an eye out for me for acrylic flat black. You wouldn't happen to have seen any around have you?

CK, like mojimbo cakap, try at toycity...i think the tamiya NATO black is still around...
good luck!
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 01:29 PM UTC
CK the flat black at SP TC was down to 2 bottles when i went there 2 weeks ago.... though if your'e lucky, they might still be there. i'll keep my eyes open in case i found any more.

Quoted Text

.... just curious on the change of your Avatar, Mojimbo?

yeah.. i'm going for the 'ultracool-scruffy-surfer dude' look.. he he he.... :-)
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 01:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

..but the shipping cost dont know yet..if it's suck then we have to get somebody fly there to get them for us..haha

anyone going for Europe??

We will just have to shipped them by surface since it is not that light.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 06:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

CK the flat black at SP TC was down to 2 bottles when i went there 2 weeks ago.... though if your'e lucky, they might still be there. i'll keep my eyes open in case i found any more.

Quoted Text

.... just curious on the change of your Avatar, Mojimbo?

yeah.. i'm going for the 'ultracool-scruffy-surfer dude' look.. he he he.... :-)

Mojimbo, as a beachbum, not professional yet but would like to be I think the surfer dude is the way to go. Besides modelling, a long white beach, a deep blue emerald sea, the light breeze and a setting sun what more can a man ask for.

Boss, its flat black I need though, not Nato black which no pun intended just ain't black enough. Thanks anyway. I've been to Toycity at Mid Valley and IOI Mall already which just leaves Toycity @ the Summit, Sunway Pyramid (mentioned by our surfer dude) and the KL main shop.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 07:38 PM UTC
ok..it's just happen a freind of mine who happen to be in singpore is cming to KL this weekend..i just spoke with her and she managed to find vallejo paints there..it's about RM 10 per bottle..so quick ..
sape nak order pls PM me
cepat2 aaa..my friend is online now....

i edited the price la...my friend just email me...she said the price is about RM10...hmm...rasa macam mahal plak...but i will try 5 set of color first....

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:25 PM UTC
... besides vallejos, do singapore LHSs have Citadel colours? they are usually used by Games Workshop figurine makers.
Target_J
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 145 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 08:19 PM UTC
Try Toys In Motion at 1U New Wing. It's located at the highest floor, just near the side entrance to Parkson. They sell paints for the Games Workshop, so you should be able to find what you are looking for there.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 09:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Try Toys In Motion at 1U New Wing. It's located at the highest floor, just near the side entrance to Parkson. They sell paints for the Games Workshop, so you should be able to find what you are looking for there.

thanks jeremy.... i haven't been to the new 1U in months ... might go and visit toycity as well... ha ha...
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 09:04 PM UTC
Yahoooooooooo....

my vallejo paints are here!!!
cant wait to have a try on them this evening........

have to figure out way to bring them in without wife nampak..haha

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 09:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...have to figure out way to bring them in without wife nampak..haha

ahhh, a common problem for us all ....

unless you buy 2 cartons of paint bottles, just put them in the your pocket la... kih kih.. :-)
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 12:37 PM UTC
mojimbo....
nasib baik i bought only 10 bottle...can still fit inside my pocket without the wife noticing them...then quickly off to hoobyroom...

btw, ade sapa mau order vallejo lagi??

YongA01
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 92 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 01:46 PM UTC

Dear fellows,

I used Vallejo and Andrea acylics for all my figure painting. It is also excellent for chipping armor and weathering.

Goto below website where it provides some good basic acrylics property and how to article

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/

I've done 2 demo sessions at MH last years...this year too busy with new job and house moving.. May be you if guys interested, I can get MH Chris to organise another session year end..

Goodluck
Allan
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 02:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear fellows,

I used Vallejo and Andrea acylics for all my figure painting. It is also excellent for chipping armor and weathering.

Goto below website where it provides some good basic acrylics property and how to article

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/

I've done 2 demo sessions at MH last years...this year too busy with new job and house moving.. May be you if guys interested, I can get MH Chris to organise another session year end..

Goodluck
Allan

Allan, long time no see..i guess u're busy moving around!!!

That would be such a good idea...frankly i'm still new in painting figure with acrylics... from the date i got them, i'm just test paint on spare heads, etc..etc
maybe we need to see real talent at work!
 _GOTOTOP