_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Meet Otto Skorzeny
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 06:48 PM UTC
Hi guyz, he's my latest 1/16 DML fig of Hauptsturmfuhrer Otto Skrzeny. I'm not fully satisfied with this but still O.K. The problem was that I used some old paint that don't show up too well and my fine brushes are getting frayed.

eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 08:01 PM UTC
Yes there he is. An SS who turn into an Fj. He leads the rescue of Mussolini. After the rescue, the Fuhrer, made him commander of the new Battallion 500 which is an SS FJ unit.
Outstanding Special Forces Operative, his set piece attack on the mountain top prison was something that was use as a benchmark of egress and rescue, also for abduction of objectives. (eg Blackhawk down)
He revolutionise the evolution of paratroopers from mass drops of infantry soldiers into a special forces which are paratroopers.
Outstanding model, i would love to have 1 on my table top. He is also available at 1/6 scale but i can't afford it at this time..
ha ha ha
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 10:09 PM UTC
Being a big FJ fan, I know u would like this fella... U really know the history to the Mussolini rescue missio. Actually, it's a waste of time rescuing him. He's a waste of time.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 01:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Being a big FJ fan, I know u would like this fella... U really know the history to the Mussolini rescue missio. Actually, it's a waste of time rescuing him. He's a waste of time.

The grand Sasso. Anyway yeah when Mussolini finally got to the Fuhrer, he was rather beaten an not interested in fighting anymore. Anyway he Italian doesn't have anything much to put up with.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 03:57 PM UTC
Very good figure painting job that you've done, ADL Sergent Psyfool. The extra detail of the gun strap makes it all the more "life like". What did you use for strap or did DML provide it?
May I ask also, how many layers of washes did you apply? Or did you just highlight the details of the uniform? And what paints did you use for Otto?

Maybe I'm asking too much...
Great job once again... oh... and not forgetting the groundwork too!

Haha... excuse me, but I'm not really a history person.
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 12:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very good figure painting job that you've done, ADL Sergent Psyfool. The extra detail of the gun strap makes it all the more "life like". What did you use for strap or did DML provide it?
May I ask also, how many layers of washes did you apply? Or did you just highlight the details of the uniform? And what paints did you use for Otto?

Maybe I'm asking too much...
Great job once again... oh... and not forgetting the groundwork too!

Haha... excuse me, but I'm not really a history person.

ADL Sgt? I myself didn't realised that!
:-) Wat does ADL stands for anyway? The gun strap and helmet strap are made of masking tape. DML did not provide any. As for washes, I did not really do any. Just painted the desert yellow as base and start highlighting. I did tone down a bit of the highlighting by drybrusing desert yellow a bit. As for paints, just Tamiya paints. This fellow took part in the rescue of Mussolini called the Gran Sasso raid.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 01:17 AM UTC
Haha... I was just using the rank given by the number of posts you've posted. Don't know what country has such a rank though... but I did some google search. It might help. Just FYI if you're interested.
http://www.eurocorps.org/site/index.php?language=en&content=nco

Ahh... I see... just highlights with a very fine brush. Very nice. As for the "masking tape" straps, did you superglue them onto the ends of the gun and helmet? What did you do to the sticky side?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 02:18 AM UTC
Thanx JM for your research! I tink my rank is French and ADJ stands for Adjutant. Not sure what Adjutant means though. As for the straps, yup i superglue them in place. the sticky side? Don't bother, just paint over them and it won't be sticky no more!
 _GOTOTOP