History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
A must visit website for all Napoleonic fans
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:17 PM UTC
G'day guys
i was trying to find out some info on French infantry during the Napoleonic wars, the things i was wondering were very complex, and didn't think i would find answers easily, if ever, infact i was going to post here if i didnt have any luck, asking for help.
However, lo' and behold, i found it in my opinion on of the best websites i have ever seen on the Napoleonic wars.
This site covers everything, but mostly the French side.
It covers every little detail, for example... how many men where in a French Line Infantry company (exact figures of Privates, NCO's, Officers, Standard Bearers, etc..), then how many Companys made up the regiment, how the infantry formations would be, how many Metres apart the soldies stood, how many men where in a row, blah, it has everything.
Not just infantry either, Cavalry, Artillery, Uniform Guides, Tactics and Strategys, the history of the wars, all about Napoleon himself, it has it all.
So even if you slightly interested in this period of time, this site has weeks of reading material on it, and i strongly suggest it.
Here is the link

"Napoleon Forever"

Cheers, hope someone gets some enjoyment out of it
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 12:36 AM UTC
Thanks Davey....
How did you know I was doing a Napoleonic figure, inbetween the 30 other projects?
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 09:40 AM UTC
Great site Davemcheers for the info
Arthur
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 07:29 PM UTC
Right on time Dave about to embark on a 15mm french army for the spanish campaign
Ian