_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Finally back to Modelling
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 09:53 PM UTC
Hi Everyone,

I've finally managed to finish my first resin model after a 2 month plus layoff from modelling. I was actually working on my SOG dio but got bogged down so I made this quickie. Its also helped me to get into the mood to finally go back to WWII ( I hope).

Here's the link if anyone can spare the time:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=forums/58440&page=1

Here one of the pics from the above thread:

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 10:04 PM UTC
Welcome back CK. It's been awhile. Nice work you have there.

I see that you have tone down the silver head gear. What silver did you use on the body armour? Is the silver on the body armour same as the head gear? Would love the oppurtunity to see the real thing.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 10:09 PM UTC
Thanks Argrillion. The silver came from a relatively cheap auto paint I got from Ace (mentioned earlier under our forum's Scratchbuilding thread).

Toned it down with an Indian Ink + Gunmetal wash. Had to give it several washes though.

I'd love to bring it to one of your SNT sessions but Saturdays are out for me right now as I have to work half day on all Saturdays. ARRRGH its meaningless to work on Saturday.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:07 PM UTC
I guess it is not possible for you to join at some later time, could you? What is the best time for you if we were to adjust our meeting time for next session?
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 175 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:51 AM UTC
Whoa ! Beach my man

Sure can't find fault with this one. If your 'quickie' is that good, your take-time-to-strive-for-perfection jobs would definitely make us drop our jaw in awe :-) Well done

'Lay-off' ? Are you sure you didn't go to the modelers' Shaolin school to learn new kung fu during that two months ?

Patrick
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2005 - 01:32 PM UTC
Thanks for the encouragement Patrick. Not to the level where you and Floogie are but hopefully getting there sometime soon. Talk about me going to Shaolin school you've been away from the forum for quite a while too. Working on some secret project ke?
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 175 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 12:01 AM UTC
CK
'Sometime soon' ? I'd say you're right up there. Send it to a scale modeling magazine and it'd get published. Watch out Flooge another one has arrived ! Susah nak cari makan for us at this rate. I've always wanted to do a period piece myself but can't find to time.

I remember having an Aurora Jesse James figure when I was a kid. Dunno the scale but it was large. I recall the detail was very good and I'm looking to get one coz I didn't have the techniques to do it justice then. Must be OOP now. Anyone know where I can buy it other than on eBay ?

I was busy with a few projects. One for a repeat customer from abroad, a couple of local ones and four are now listed on auction ending today. Whew.....

Regards
Patrick
 _GOTOTOP