_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good WWII Reference Photos
yellobelli
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 09:03 AM UTC
Note: I am not affiliated to this site in any way. I just ran across them while looking for a reference photo.

Having said that, I want to point out Avia Press to anyone looking for WWII photos. This sight carries a couple hundred books, most of which seem to be written in Russian. However, each book's description pages shows 4-8 photos from the book. Some are line drawings while most are B&W photos. I saw a little bit of everything here: airplanes, armor, interesting diorama ideas (i.e. a closeup photo of a tiger being rearmed and refueld or the rocket mortar trucks built on American "lorries"). There are even some good closeups of soldiers and their equipment (One that struck me was a group of Cossacks being instructed in the use of the Panzerfaust anti-tank weapon). Most of the pictures are described (in English), complete with location and date (if known).

Anyways, I thought people might be interested. I know that, despite the language barrier, I might find myself ordering from them.

Sorry if this is the wrong place/type of post. I just felt that someone else might benefit.

_GOTOTOP