_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Sherman Dio *Completed
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:23 PM UTC
Hello fellas... really sorry if the pictures are blur... I think my hands get shaky when I take pictures of my builds.. haha :-) Working on it

Anyway, I've completed the Sherman Diorama and comments plz.. hope to hear from you guys. Everything here is Tamiya. Sherman M4A3 75mm gun and US Military Police Set. Base is from spotlight and brick wall is scratch built from styrofoam. It took me quite some time to complete this little Diorama (Close to 1 month) but i'm still gladly satisfied with it. But plz do give me your comments as to improve my future builds... Enjoy

Any idea what I can add behind the brick wall?? It's an empty space which needs abit of something..
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:45 PM UTC
its blurry alrite...heheh..but hey, its a nice build, if u ask me, y not add few more onlookers? can b some infantry men since the tank commander is lookin their way...
btw, i don seem to be able to find those grasses u use in the dio, i found only tall grasses the lalang type...where again can i get them?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:46 AM UTC
Overall, its a nice build. I hv a few comments though.(from what I can see) Try highlighting the clothing on the figures with black wash. It will add shadow to the pockets, creases on the clothing. The tracks looks very muddy but other parts of the tank looks very 'clean'. I guess the mud shd splatter a bit on the tank rite? As for stuff behind the wall, u can put oil drums or crates or even pple, like Danial suggested.
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

its blurry alrite...heheh..but hey, its a nice build, if u ask me, y not add few more onlookers? can b some infantry men since the tank commander is lookin their way...
btw, i don seem to be able to find those grasses u use in the dio, i found only tall grasses the lalang type...where again can i get them?

I've been to the Hobby Shop in Suntec (Hobby ....?) and saw the short grass you're looking for. there's the green type & brown type. It cost abt $4.90 for a small packet and it's from Woodlands Scenics. I tink the Orchard Store and the one at Tiong Bahru also have.
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:59 AM UTC
ok..at least now i know where to start lookin for it...
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:14 AM UTC
Thanks Guys.. my apologies for the blur pictures

Danial, regarding the grass, I got them from MWorkshop. They're different from the type of grass mat I used for the Nam Dio. These grass came in those packets where you'll have to sprinkle them over your base. There're lots of colours and I got the packet cheaper than the woodlands scenics one Psyfool talked about. BTW, where did you find those tall grass (lalang type)?

As for the patch of grass behind the wall, figures might work, maybe I can add some animals too.. will see what I can come up with and then post some clearer pictures... Soon i hope.

*Thanks Psyfool for the tip, i'll work on it... my figure painting skills still require loads of improvement... heh..
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 - 01:29 AM UTC
The mud looks great!

As Psyfool suggested, you can dirty up the upper part of the tank. Try adding dust/rain streaks or oil stains.

Overall, it looks great.

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 - 06:25 PM UTC
Thanks Danny for your comments..
I did add rain streaks by the side of the tank and its' turret.. but the picture quality doesn't show... my shakey hands.. :-)
 _GOTOTOP