_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
1/72 AFV kits
lkoky
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 62 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 07:09 PM UTC
Hi there,

I swifted to 1/72 scale recently, just tried to do a price and stock survey.

Can you tel what is the 1/72 AFV kit your local hobby shop stock? and what isthe price range?

I am particular interested in kits deom Dragon, Trumpeter & Revell

thanks.
lkoky
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:49 PM UTC

??!!

No body interested in 1/72 AFV?
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:40 PM UTC
Hi Ikoky...

I guess so...1/72 lacks the greater degree of detail of 1/35 models...besides, it' small! So far in KL, I have only seen 1/72 armor at Hobby HQ. Most are from Revell. About the price, I'm have no idea as I'm more of 1/72 plane guy and 1/35 armor.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:37 PM UTC
hi there ikoky... it's good to have another malaysian modeller on board!

if you're interested in 1/72 , miniature hobby in midvalley has some italeri & trumpeter 1/72 kits.. perhaps they have some DML 1/72 as well, but i'm not sure. try giving them a call at 03-22833768.

HobbyHQ has some 1/72 as well though i can't remember what brands they have, perhaps DML and italeri. the phone no. is 03-21622976

btw where in kl are you ikoky? any pics of your models?

ta.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:41 PM UTC
Hi Ikoky..welcome to our own armorama community......
feel free to introduce yourself in the introduction thread. click here

well as for the 1/72 armour, i guessed my answer is almost the same with Mr Hairil here...
personally i've build 2 1/72 armour from revell.
Not some many of them are sold here...brand pon from revell and hasegawa.... the price plak ..if u add a little more bucks then u will get the 1/35 ..so not so many of us interested in this tiny little creature...but my wife think my 1/72 looks cute... put it in the car and park it in the hot sun...the KT then suffered 'battle damage' from the hot sun..haha

just tell us what u really interested...

seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:46 PM UTC
Hello Ikoky,

Hmm..well, i like 1/72 AFVs , but I suspect Valkyrie is right. There might just be fewer ppl here that models AFVs in 1/72.
Anyways, MH has some AFVs in 1/72 ,namely from Trumpeter,Academy and Pegasus. For Trumpeter, they have several new releases of modern Japaneses tanks. Price is around 40.00 ++ (please correct me if i am wrong). Curious, you'll just dish out 10.00 ++ , u can get a 1/35 tank! From Pegasus, you can get the 'Maus' tank. Nice review from magazine! From Academy, you'll have the 1/72 jeeps + jerry cans. You can get the Revell 1/72 AFV kits from Jaya Jusco dept stores from most of the shopping malls.
Once , they had like 3 kits of the Tiger II (Yes, Tiger II), i bought 1 and a month later, the other 2 kits sudah tiada!!..

sllim
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...1/72 looks cute...

ya laa.. they do look cute
... but too small for my liking, however kalau ada big kits such as the k5 railway gun, or karl morser w/munitionwagen IV in 1/72... interesting jugak tuh.

i think hasegawa have them in 1/72 but expensive, almost RM100
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 02:40 PM UTC
Hi lkoky,

Hey, if you have the oppurtunity to go to HK or Sg, then you can find lots of 1/72 AFV kits. Hmm..can't remember the prices, but it is like almost dirt cheap. I had bought my Tiger II, Bradley ODS, Challenger 2 in HK. At the same time i also bought Tamiya's 1/35 Tiger II and 1/48 Mosquito and paints . Too bad my suitcase wouldn't fit anymore .
Once i went to HK , i brought alot a large empty suitcase!!. Bila balik, it is filled neatly with Tamiya's Juggernaut 2 ( R/C is another wallet depleting hobby of mine). (Off topic liao)

sllim
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:27 PM UTC
Besides Revell, Dragon is very good in their 1/72's. I have a Sturmtiger from Dragon that comes with a die-cast lower hull. There are some Dragon models that come with zimmerit also. If you interested in 1/72's, have a look at the Dragon kits.

Interestingly, Hobby HQ has a good collection of 1/72's. They have recently added some 1/72's dioramas in their display.
lkoky
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 05:58 AM UTC
Thanks guys.

Well the reason I swift to 1/72 from 1/35 is cost. Most of the newer 1/35 kits are too expensive to my liking. After all this is just a hobby to me, not an invenstment so dont want to loose a limb or a leg just to get a kit.

Another reason is I am RUNNING OUT display space and I still have so many interesting AFV I wanted to build. Hence scale down is a pretty good way to maintain my room.

Well I am not actually back in KL yet will be quite soon. Right now I am in Cambridge UK.

So if you guys need to buy anything here let me know... as long as you pay I am fine.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:57 PM UTC
Since you in UK Ikoky, how's the price of models over there? I was in Amsterdam last year. The prices are reasonable in Euro but when they got converted to MYR, they are expensive compared to what you can get in Malaysia.

BTW, how long are you going to be in Cambridge?
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 02:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....Well I am not actually back in KL yet will be quite soon. Right now I am in Cambridge UK. So if you guys need to buy anything here let me know....

hi lim, didn't realise your'e overseas... are you studying or working? i was in liverpool U back in 92-96. how's modelling over there? when you can, tell us more about yrself in the KakiModel introductions thread...

ta.
 _GOTOTOP