_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Panther G in maintenance Dio
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 12:59 PM UTC
Hi guyz, juz like to share with u guyz my upcoming dio of a Tamiya Panther G night fighter in maintenance.All will be made up of Tamiya kits, except for the Kubelwagen (Italieri). As u can see, the Maybach HL230 P30 engine is still not installed in the tank yet. I plan to detail the engine quite a bit. The seeting will be in some countryside, the tank just next to a barn (of ice-cream sticks). The tank crew are relaxing while the maintenance crew get about doing their work. The tank tracks will be 'dislodged', to show that some work was left half-done. I'll be posting more progress pics soon!

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 02:38 PM UTC
Looks like it's going to be an interesting piece of work... Do keep us posted on its progress... Just one thing though, you said: "the Panther G will be next to a barn (of ice-cream sticks)", but there isn't much space on your base already, :-) or is this a temporary setup...

The engine from Tamiya too?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like it's going to be an interesting piece of work... Do keep us posted on its progress... Just one thing though, you said: "the Panther G will be next to a barn (of ice-cream sticks)", but there isn't much space on your base already, :-) or is this a temporary setup...

The dio will be on that base. The barn will not be the whole thing, just a portion of it. I think I'll slot in a donkey from my barn animals set.

The engine is from Tamiya Tank Engine Maintenance crew set item 180. U can either build the Maybach P30 (for King Tiger & Panther) or P45 (for Tiger I & Sturmtiger). Quite a useful set, comes with a ladder, oil cans, battery and some tools.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:41 PM UTC
Now that's cool... Do keep us posted on your progress... Waiting to see how the Donkey turns out to look like...
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 02:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The dio will be on that base. The barn will not be the whole thing, just a portion of it. I think I'll slot in a donkey from my barn animals set.

The engine is from Tamiya Tank Engine Maintenance crew set item 180. U can either build the Maybach P30 (for King Tiger & Panther) or P45 (for Tiger I & Sturmtiger). Quite a useful set, comes with a ladder, oil cans, battery and some tools.

So how much does the engine set cost? I might instal it in my TIger.
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So how much does the engine set cost? I might instal it in my TIger.

I tink I got it cheap at Tai Seng when they cleared their remaining Tamiya kits. Probably $7. If at regular price, it shd cost bet $10-$15..
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 01:34 PM UTC
Here's an update of my dio progress. the centre piece of the dio is done!! Also completed painting 3 figures. I decided not to unlink the track as the rubber track supplied in the kit don't look realistic enuff to do that. Added some wirings to the infra red nightviewer too. And this is my first time weathering using pastel chalks and quite happy with the outcome!! Pls comment.

SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 02:01 PM UTC
Really worn looking Panther!

Needless to say, it looks great.

How did you achieve that worn/dirty look?

Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 03:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I decided not to unlink the track as the rubber track supplied in the kit don't look realistic enuff to do that.

we shud have traded tracks man...im still stuck with the ezi tarcks...btw, nice one u got there...
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 03:06 PM UTC
does this set comes with the figure or the figures sold separetely?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 04:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Really worn looking Panther!

Needless to say, it looks great.

How did you achieve that worn/dirty look?

Hi Danny, I painted quite a few 'paint chips' and after that 'Rusted' them. I give it quite a few layer of matt coat to dull everything to make the paintwork look faded being exposed to the weather. Then, I brushed the pastels on the tracks and bottom half of the tank. Glad u like it coz I only tried using pastel chalks after seeing your last tank! (A 1/72 panther was it?)

Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 04:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

does this set comes with the figure or the figures sold separetely?

This Tamiya kit only come w/ one standing crew fig. The fig u see in the pix are additions. The mechanics are from Tamiya's maintenance crew set and the commander is from Tamiya's 'Tank Crew At Rest' set. There'll be a few more figs in the dio.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 04:59 PM UTC
I think it looks great! What's the brand of the pigments you used? Did you add water to the powdered pigments and then just apply onto your tank?

I think it's going to be a nice diorama Mr Psyfool!
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 05:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think it looks great! What's the brand of the pigments you used? Did you add water to the powdered pigments and then just apply onto your tank?

I think it's going to be a nice diorama Mr Psyfool!

It's not modelling pigment, but just regular Pastel Chalks I bought from Popular. The brand is Mungyo Soft Pastel for Artists for abt $6.50 a box. I owe it to you guys for introducing me to this pastel chalk stuff. I did not add water, just brush it on dry. It kind of stick a bit even when dry. I think I will use this stuff to weather some of my other completed tanks too!
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 02:08 AM UTC
O.K guyz, here's more progress pics. So far happy w/ the outcome. I scrapped the barn setup and went for a miantenance shed instead. Easier to build. Not sure how to fit in my donkey though :-) Still got quite a few things to paint. The kubelwagen need to be re-touched too. Here goes...

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:13 PM UTC
Looking good... A little more weathering and it's going to look great! Psyfool, what did you use to make the brick wall in the shed?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 11:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good... A little more weathering and it's going to look great! Psyfool, what did you use to make the brick wall in the shed?

It's from the Tamiya 'Brickwall Set' I got laying around.
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 - 12:00 AM UTC
how u get the zinc roof?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 - 12:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

how u get the zinc roof?

Cardboard boxes...If u have those brown cardboard boxes laying ard in your storeroom, tear the top layer off and u'll find urself looking at a 'zinc roof'. Juz need to spray flat aluminium...
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 - 06:29 PM UTC
Making Dioramas requires a lot of different things... I've started collecting every junk that I feel can be placed in my Diorama every now and then... :-) Karang guni man...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 03:56 AM UTC
Hello frends,

I've finally completed my dio. Have a look and feel free to comment. If u guyz noticed that the guy sitting in the shed is a bit small, I have a story to tat. Actually, not sure why the figure is so small (Tamiya fig). But in my dio, he's just a young boy being recruited to defend the fatherland and he's homesick. (letters to his right). But the seasoned Panther veteran is giving him a pet talk to comfort him. I hope the story is O.K

I even managed to fit in the donkey to this scene :-)
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 01:40 PM UTC
Psyfool, it worked out great.
I don't know about the donkey though, but it does look a little "fake"... i know.. it's plastic.. maybe a bit of wash to the rear? :-)
Hey.. did you resculpt any of the figures to their positions?
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 06:26 PM UTC
i cannot comment...u never fail to impress my dear fren...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Psyfool, it worked out great.
I don't know about the donkey though, but it does look a little "fake"... i know.. it's plastic.. maybe a bit of wash to the rear? :-)
Hey.. did you resculpt any of the figures to their positions?

Thanx for the comment. Someone in the dio forum said the donkey lacks shine while u said it shd be more matt... I think I'll go with more matt as donkeys I tink have more fur and not sheen like a horse..

The figs, are all standard pose..I did not resculpt any of them this time..
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 01:36 AM UTC
Wow,

You have injected 'life' into the dio. Once again, really great job!

_GOTOTOP