_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
help
warzone
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 35 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 11:53 AM UTC
hi can any one tell me how to put my picture/s onto the forum site if so please can you do a step by step has im hopeless on computers b..a thanks for your time & help cannot wait to show u all my first pics later warzone............... i hope to reply to you on monday folks has this is not my pc its MOTHERS (BLESS HER)
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 02:05 PM UTC
If you are wanting to put photo's you have on your computer into your member gallery to show on here.. here is the basics..

click on Gallery menu selection off of the Menu bar..

on the gallery page there is a menu in the upper right right under the advert.. choose upload photos

on the upload photo's page the white area's are the photo choice area.. browse to the photos that are on your hard drive.. then after selecting them click the upload/submit button... takes a bit to upload the pics then.. if all goes well..

after you have uploaded your pics you can view your gallery by clicking the My Gallery selection in the upper left corner and you will be taken to your gallerys..

then you can use the [ img ] url of image here [ /img ]
without the spaces to show those photos in forum posts.

warzone
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 35 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 09:19 AM UTC
cheers delbert for ya info its the forum bit i wanted my gallery pic to go in but i will try, cheers for ya help anyway
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 10:45 AM UTC
ok if i understand this correctly you want to post your gallery pics in the forums posts like this?

basicly go to your photo in the gallery..

below the photo you will see a what text field with some text in it that looks like this..

[IM G]http://photos.kitmaker.net/data/14823/LENS_WW2_MODELS_007.jpg [/IM G]

only without the spaces I added.. just copy that and paste it into your forum post and the photo should come up in your post..

to copy and paste.. highlight the text in the textfield and hit ctrl C...

then go to your fourm post and when you see the cursor in the typing field hit Ctrl P to paste...

thats hold down the ctrl key and hit the C to copy and the P to paste...

TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
entire network: 5,653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

on the gallery page there is a menu in the upper right right under the advert.. choose upload photos

Hi all!

If the "upload photos" don't appear, you'll have to login in the gallery first, even if you already did in Armorama. Armorama and the gallery both have their login functions!

Jean-Luc
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 06:29 AM UTC
You'll find this useful.

I use a 2 MegaPixal Finepix. I shoot almost everything 1MP.

Whether I shoot against my plain white backdrop or a background, my images are about 450-500kbs each. I easily edit them to less than 120kbs.

Here's my trick. Look in my gallery at my first pix and you'll find many irregular sized images with black or white irregular borders. I take the images and open them into Window's PAINT--most everyone has this.

In PAINT, I select from lower left (left column, second from bottom) function RECTANGLE, and choose the bottom one. This will allow you to make a solid whereever you drag-draw the rectangle. I shoot my images with more border than I need for this purpose, and use rectangle to blackout the unwanted space.

This alone reduces the image's kilobyte size dramatically, often to less that 100kb! Save and upload.

Nowadays, for aesthetics, I also load the blocked image into a photo program--I use any trialware and freeware, but usually use Adobe Photoshop's basic trialware--and use the CROP feature to hew away the blocked color from PAINT.

The results? Small pix sizes for speedy uploading and putting your gallery on a diet!

See my gallery for examples.
 _GOTOTOP