_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi all
USAF_Sarge
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 46 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2005 - 09:58 PM UTC
Howdy all. Well I am not really new to modelling however, my passion has increased much over the last few months since I found a great shop here in Japan were I am currently stationed. I really enjoy looking at everyones work and realy hope to improve on my skills. My biggest problem is painting faces. All of the "how to" sections online always refrence using certain oils or acrilycs. I was wonder if anyone knew of a how to for painting great 1/35 scale faces using Tamiya colors or Mr. Hobby (since they are all I can really get easily here). Anyway your help is most appreciated, and I plan on uploading some pictures of recent completed projects (or maybe not because the figures really suck!)

Thanks ,

Trey
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
entire network: 970 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:03 PM UTC
Welcome to the forums! Always nice to have fellow servicemen joining us. Please post some of your work, the only criticism you get will be constructive, and I bet your figures are better than my sorry efforts...
USAF_Sarge
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:07 PM UTC
Thanks Rip,

I'll get some photos up here in the next week, I welcome constructive criticism, especially if I can get my stuff to look as good as some of our fellow modellers on this board. And also, fellow service mambers are family no matter what country you serve in (as long as we're allies :-) )
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
entire network: 970 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

(as long as we're allies :-) )

Think that still includes US and UK doesn't it?!
USAF_Sarge
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2005 - 11:03 PM UTC
Cheers!

Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 10:15 AM UTC
Hi Paul

Welcome to the club. Glad you joined us.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
entire network: 5,653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 05:26 PM UTC
Bienvenue sur Armorama Paul!

Jean-Luc
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 06:45 PM UTC
Greetings Paul!

Welcome to Armorama..

regarding your question... try posting it in the figures section.. you might get some good knowledge on how to paint those figures properly..
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 07:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was wonder if anyone knew of a how to for painting great 1/35 scale faces using Tamiya colors or Mr. Hobby (since they are all I can really get easily here). Anyway your help is most appreciated, and I plan on uploading some pictures of recent completed projects (or maybe not because the figures really suck!)

Welcome to Armorama...

Regarding your question above. I have a link w/c probably can help but it uses the Vallejo paint. Anyway you could probably apply some of the technique using Tamiya paint....

http://www.ttfxmedia.com/vallejo/cgi-bin/_modelis.asp?p1=ing&p2=modelcolortecnicas#modelcolortecnica01

Cheers
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:09 AM UTC
Paul
Welcome to a great site What do you do in the AF? I wish I would have made it to Japan when I was in Did get stationed at RAF Lakenheath UK in late 80's
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
Paul when you post some pics I promis to try and help all I can - nothing can't be fixed and even the best of us painters-pleae I don't really include myself there stuff up but that increases our skills - start that is the important step and look at how shadows fall on peoples faces the may stare back at you strange but if it helps you paint stay with it
Welcome and all the best
Ian
painter of Dwarves and Bears extrodinaire :-) :-) :-) :-)
USAF_Sarge
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 02:51 AM UTC
All,

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I was actually suprised at how large the3 community was here, and I just happen to stumble on this site by chance. Also, I'd like to thank all for the assistance offered, I'm sure I will get more once I post some pics (I will this weekend I promise). Funny thing, I am working on a small 1/35 diorama of a German checkpoint with a few soldiers and a German motorcycle orderly. I just finished one of my soldiers and he is actually the bast I've done!!! As far as the orderly, he was completed several weeks ago, and when I compared them....well, my orderly looks like he should be wearing a helmit all of the time .

Anyway, to answer your question GeneralZod, I was originally a 2E3X1 (Crypto maintenance) however, back in 2001 my careerfield was merged with small computer maintenance, so I now do a little of both, and then some (If any of you were in the military I am sure you know about drive-by taskings, and additional duties). RAF Lakenheath was a great place ( I went there TDY in 2000, while stationed in Izmir Turkey). Well, like I said, thanks to all, and I'll get some pics posted this weekend!
MarinMurdock
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 07:08 AM UTC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys,
New to the site. Just thought I would stop in and say Hi. Been checking out some of your work. It is outstanding. I consider myself about a 5 out of 10 as a professional modeler. I am hoping to learn alot from you guys. I am sure I will ask some retarded questions. Deal with it.

A little about me. Was in the Marines for 4.5 years and now regretfully in the Army (2 yrs). I love serving my country but would rather be doing it in the Corps. Assignments: Parris Island, Camp Lejeune, Camp Fuji Japan, Ft Benning and all over Iraq. Been modeling 14 years and military models 6 years. I am a 1/35th scale guy and mainly deal with Land and close air support models. I am really interested in Dioramas now. Getting ready to do my first. If you could post links to samples I would appreciate it. That is it for now. Going armorama surfing.

Marinemurdock

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 03:40 PM UTC
Greetings Jason...

Welcome to Armorama..

Just in time... docdios did a feature on building a simple diorama.. here's the link... It is very helpful since you're about to start on your first...

https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/690
 _GOTOTOP