_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
McFarlane Military Series
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 07:01 PM UTC
Last Friday, there was a great sale at Taka, and 2000 pieces of this series of 6-7 inch figures was sold out within hours. I got a friend to help me get them yesterda and what was left was a box figure. Of a soldier behind some wall firing an AT-4.
Its a great detail dio. And i would reccomend all of you to get this series. I intend to search for those loose figures.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 07:17 PM UTC
You mean there is a sale at Taka last friday and they sold these 6-7inch figures???

Which shop is it? Man the figures look great! I think next time if there's such a event... we should keep each other updated... like if there're sales with great discounts and such...

Cheers,
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2005 - 12:17 AM UTC
You want them Ike? I know where you can get them, but its not going to be $10 anymore. Try yahoo auction Singapore.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2005 - 01:43 AM UTC
nah it's okay eerie... thanks for your offer.. I'll look through ebay and see if the others want it... more than $10 for that... I think i would rather get some DML figures.. :-)
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2005 - 04:18 AM UTC
I got them too 2 days ago...I got the Airforce Special Operations Command and the Navy Seal, but missed on the deluxe box ..Hesitated too long and by the time I came down yesterday it's too late..I just came back from Taka tday, all sold out!! But there's a new one but not McFarlane's, it's Dusty Trails Toys of an American ID Soldier in Iraq, but not too well detailed (for $7). I did not get it though...For info, I collect MsFarlane figures too..Tot of opening a flea market to sell off some stuff...
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2005 - 04:21 AM UTC
I dont think after shipping you gonna get in at $10. In yahoo, after doing some survery, you can get the whole set at $85-$100. But all the 6 will not include the box figure with the AT-4. Thats a separate set.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2005 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I got them too 2 days ago...I got the Airforce Special Operations Command and the Navy Seal, but missed on the deluxe box ..Hesitated too long and by the time I came down yesterday it's too late..I just came back from Taka tday, all sold out!! But there's a new one but not McFarlane's, it's Dusty Trails Toys of an American ID Soldier in Iraq, but not too well detailed (for $7). I did not get it though...For info, I collect MsFarlane figures too..Tot of opening a flea market to sell off some stuff...

I have the first Dusty Trail edition. The SWAT assautler breaking a door. At $7 is good price, the first swat i got it at $13 at clark quay. Anyway, its nothing compared to Mcfarlane.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2005 - 01:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tot of opening a flea market to sell off some stuff...

Psyfool... keep us updated if you do open a flea market selling your stuff... if it's at good price... I won't mind.

But where is that shop actually at in Taka??
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2005 - 04:47 PM UTC
Its a toy fare
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 01:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Tot of opening a flea market to sell off some stuff...

Psyfool... keep us updated if you do open a flea market selling your stuff... if it's at good price... I won't mind.

But where is that shop actually at in Taka??

Eerie, is the open flea market at Clarke Quay still on? If yes, then I'll open a stall, need to get rid of lotsa stuff...However, my models & dios won't be for sale though! I have Spawn, X-men, X-files, Star Wars etc..etc to get rid off and hopefully make some money!

The Toy Fare (9th Craziest Toy Fare) is an anual event. It's held at the basement Civic Plaza (where the huge TV screen is). Last yr I managed to stumbled upon it when it was just being opened. Got lotsa great stuff (in limited numbers) which were quickly snapped up. Once gone, that's it..No more restocking
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 02:07 AM UTC
Yeah the flea market are still on but at a different location. Its at China Square Central every Sunday
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 02:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah the flea market are still on but at a different location. Its at China Square Central every Sunday

ummm...Where is China Square?
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 03:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Toy Fare (9th Craziest Toy Fare) is an anual event.

I see... darn... missed it... can you guys inform us again when it's on next year?

Quoted Text

I have Spawn, X-men, X-files, Star Wars etc..etc to get rid off and hopefully make some money!

Psyfool... is your "etc...etc..." refering to kits that you don't want??? My eyes are wide open.. Hahaha..
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 03:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ummm...Where is China Square?

There you go... from www.streetdirectory.com... here's the page of where china square is... it's in Singapore thought... no worries.. haha

China Square

Hope it helps...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 05:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Psyfool... is your "etc...etc..." refering to kits that you don't want??? My eyes are wide open.. Hahaha..

I do have quite a few kits that's still not touched yet..Bought on impulse..Some I might still make, but I might sell some..I'll let u know and u can get priority!!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 11:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll let u know and u can get priority!!

Thanks dude... do let me know...
Hopefully you can give us a good discount too... heh heh ..
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I do have quite a few kits that's still not touched yet..Bought on impulse..Some I might still make, but I might sell some..I'll let u know and u can get priority!!

post up the pics man...who knows, we might juz get it frm u...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 11:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

post up the pics man...who knows, we might juz get it frm u...

Not sure yet which one to build and which one to let go..I'll list them down when I have the time!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 01:33 AM UTC
Take your time dude... I have loads of kits unbuilt yet... it's time to get them done with soon...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 10:47 PM UTC
Good news..Good news..I went to Taka just now juz to try my luck at the Toy Fare and guess wat? They re-stocked the deluxe set (the guy with the rocket launcher)!! There was quite a number of pieces still available. I grabbed one of those and a Spawn Deluxe set too.. Ike, if u're fast, u might still be able to get it.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:17 PM UTC
I might be going down Time machine this sunday, so are you free? I am getting my Willhelm Bockmen, the FJ batallion 500...the 1/6 version. Maybe if we can meet up, i get the 1/16 version too
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:22 PM UTC
What time?...I'm free until 5pm, then I need to fetch my wife at the Airport..
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:27 PM UTC
Correction...Can meet early? Somtime around noon coz around 2-3 got 'majlis' I need to go to...
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:37 PM UTC
Got to confirm again, i am working on Saturday, will end on sunday morning. Then i will be accompanying my friend to MArina to visit some static. I think she needs her flirting session and need me to accompany her while she flirt...
Anyway, after she's done, i thought of getting her to drop me off at Time machine. Willhem Bockmen is a very rare FJ, you might want to get 1 too. ITs retailing at 84.90 i think but its worth it..nice head, nide uni and the only so far from the FJ version of the SS
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2005 - 03:30 AM UTC
Thanks for the update Psyfool... i'll try to go down tomorrow and see if I can get it... not really that free yet... but thanks once again..
 _GOTOTOP