_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Aeroventure Show
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 04:34 AM UTC
Just to let you know that I will be going to the Doncaster Aeroventure model show on Sunday 7th August. I realise that it is a bit short notice and I don't expect anyone to come and stand. Just wanted to let you know, incase you were at a loss for owt that Sunday.
I wasn't going to go but I'll be picking up the IPMS Constitution forms and getting my pic taken for the IPMS mag. It will also be a day out for the new IPMS ArmoramaUK stand.
Mal
PS Although the IPMS ArmoramaUK web site isn't up and running yet I am still looking for articles, I have none as yet
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 05:39 AM UTC
Aw Mal! I thought you'd be coming to the MAVFA Nationals in Duxford? It's a shame they're on the same day.
As regards articles, can't those done by IPMS members be 'dual' published, or are they already like this?

Vinnie
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 07:37 AM UTC
Now Vinnie why would I want to go and look at targets? :-)
The IPMS ArmoramaUK site will be a satelite of the main site, similar to the .co.uk site. So articles, news, reviews and the like, that are on either site will appear on the IPMS site (so it's going to look pretty damn cool). What I would like to see is some articles written by members (that is members of IPMS ArmoramaUK) appear on the the site. They will be tagged as having been written by a member of IPMS ArmoramaUK, thus giving IPMS UK publisaty as well. I hope that sort of makes sense.
Actually the main reason I am going to the Aeroventure show is to get photographed with the stand for the IPMS mag.
Mal
Wolfpack
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 78 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 10:50 AM UTC
Mal

How do you want articles sending? Electronic or hard copy? Some of the photos can be fairly large.

IAN
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:46 AM UTC
Hi Ian,
If you go to the features page and look in the "actions bar" (black bar just below the purple Features bar) and follow the instructions. Alternatively click HERE and be taken straight there. Just to clarify, don't embed pictures in the word document, submit them seperately with the word doc all in a zip file. I will size the pics for inclusion (or do you mean large file size?) again no problem as I can "save for the web". You can leave any instructions via the support centre as well. I am looking for articles specifically for the IPMS ArmoramaUK site (see my post else where) which is not up and running yet, so they wont appear until the site does.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP