_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Early Completed dios
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 01:06 PM UTC
Hi guyz...Tot of using this new string to share with u guyz all my completed dios (those that u've not seen). These dios were done in my early dio making days...If I don't share them, No one is going to see them except for myself!..I think u shd be able to see the progression of my work..U guyz shd post your dios here too and share with all...

This was only my 2nd tank (the first was a Panzer 2). Done this about 3yrs ago..As u can see, the faces and the general painting is not that well done as now, but I'm not going to touch this up juz to remind me of how I started.

Another view...

This I tink is my 2nd dio of an Italieri Panther. Somehow, I like how the tracks turn out on this one. The Kettenkrad need to be set into the ground (looks like floating)...I think I do it later!
....More will be coming up..Watch this space!!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 01:29 PM UTC
Hey Psyfool... those are very cool dios you have there. Did you learn to model and build dios through trial and error?? Coz they look very cool...

I have a Tamiya Tiger (built). The Tiger Dio gave me an idea of how I could go about puting that tank into a dio... Thanks bro..
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2005 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Psyfool... those are very cool dios you have there. Did you learn to model and build dios through trial and error?? Coz they look very cool...

I have a Tamiya Tiger (built). The Tiger Dio gave me an idea of how I could go about puting that tank into a dio... Thanks bro..

As I have said much earlier on..it's all a matter of trial and error..I tink that's the best method to adopt..Sometimes, the idea juz comes along...That's when u need to quickly put the idea into a dio..Once I have an inspiration, nothing can stop me from getting the dio done!
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2005 - 04:09 AM UTC
Here's a dio of a destroyed Hummel being over-run by some Tommies...The farmer guy with a pitch fork brings the crew of the Hummel to them

Here's a smaller dio of a Brumbar.

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2005 - 01:32 PM UTC
Wow... cool dios Psyfool.. I like the Brumbar one. Simple yet interesting. Frankly.. how many dios have you built already?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow... cool dios Psyfool.. I like the Brumbar one. Simple yet interesting. Frankly.. how many dios have you built already?

Hmmm...Let me see..I tink about 25 dios. These are only the AFV dios. I've got 12 1/16 figs, and there are some dios featuring 1/48 Stukas, Fw-190, Dora, Wildcat, Bf-109. Also got some dios for a Ford Focus rally, GP Bikes racing, and Team Subaru Workshop scene..That is why I've been complaining of lack of space and start making small dios!!..Still got my MG nest dio, Stug, M3 Lee, Mobelwagen, Marder II, half-track still without a dio...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 01:13 AM UTC
King Tiger re-supply dio

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 02:24 AM UTC
Ho ho... i've been wanting to do that for a long time! The Guard House and Barrier... would you mind tell me what you used to make that? Together with the fence and the telephone lines... Heh.. sorry if i'm asking too much here. Hope it doesn't take up too much of your time.

The whole Diorama looks very busy. Everyone is like doing something. Thanks for sharing it with us Psyfool. Very nicely done. Simply great! :-)

Cheers,
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ho ho... i've been wanting to do that for a long time! The Guard House and Barrier... would you mind tell me what you used to make that? Together with the fence and the telephone lines... Heh.. sorry if i'm asking too much here. Hope it doesn't take up too much of your time.

The whole Diorama looks very busy. Everyone is like doing something. Thanks for sharing it with us Psyfool. Very nicely done. Simply great! :-)

Cheers,

The guard house is made of Ice cream sticks. The roof is that cardboard thingy. The barrier is made up of ic cream sticks and the arm for the barrier is actually the hard plastic straw used to tie balloons. The weight at the end of the barrier arm is made up of 2 woodenblocks glued together (bought at Spotlight). The fence is made of plastic gauze sold at DIY shops/ hardware shops. The posts for the fence are chopsticks and the top, toothpicks. The telephone/ power lines are made of wire painted black. The posts, chopsticks. No problem for me to share how I do it. No point keeping it to myself.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 04:44 AM UTC
Superb Dio. But how did you do that red flag?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 12:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Superb Dio. But how did you do that red flag?

red flag? U mean the one on the King Tiger? It's masking tape. Soak in water to remove glue and make it soft. Then I paint on it.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 01:42 PM UTC
Where to get the oil drums?
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 03:22 PM UTC
Thanks Psyfool.. I'll go work with what you said and hopefully get something done and post it here for you guys to see soon...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 01:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where to get the oil drums?

It's from Tamiya's jerry can set...consisting of 16 jerry cans, 4 good drums and 4 bent out of shape drums
zenden9
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 01:43 AM UTC
All wonderful dioramas...
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts